· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Best temperature for a betta with cory cats?

0 Not allowed!
    I just got another betta after going without one for about 4 years, so I have been re-studying up on them. My new guy (a purple/copper) will be sharing a 10 gallon tank with just my two old cory cats. I am getting conflicting information on what the best water temperature is for a betta. One article says 75 to 82 degrees, while another one says 80 to 85 degrees. I also read that cory cats like it cooler, at 72 to 78 degrees. Is 78 or 80 degrees a good compromise? I also read that the cooler the temperature, within it's range, the longer the fish will live. Is that true?

What temperature would you betta experts keep your 10 gallon tank with one betta and two cory cats?

0 Not allowed!
    What species of cories do you have? some species have different temperature ranges.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are green corys, about 3 inches long, but one is very old. When he dies I will replace him. When that happens, which species would be the most compatible with the betta?

0 Not allowed!
    78 degrees will be fine for both the cories and the betta. I would not replace the cory when it dies unless you have room for a group of them. They should be kept in groups of six. For that you would need a larger tank.

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is there a fish that will thrive by itself and still clean the food off the bottom of the tank, or should I not worry about it?

0 Not allowed!
    When I used to keep bettas, I would feed them floating betta pellets. Just give then 3 or 4 at a time, and you will not have to worry about any leftover food.

You have several options of other fish to keep in a 10g with a betta. A school of neon tetras make a nice display, or you could go with some shrimp and/or snails. Shrimp may not be an option though, depending on the personality of your betta. Some will kill shrimp, others will not.

"