· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

Default Scottishfish's firemouth!!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone, since I'm kinda getting a bit better at the photo uploading I thought it would be nice to let you see the firemouth I'm always going on about!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...0&ppuser=38028

Apologies for rubbish quality, I'm still not sure of sex of the fish so any suggestions would help, he/she is around 2.5inches long
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    thats lovely
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!

I always thought firemouth had that wierd red "chin" thing, but I guess not all do.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

0 Not allowed!
    With that coloring it looks more like one of the other species in the Thorichthys genus. They are all similar in size and shape but have different coloring. Very nice looking fish.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I would say mines has the red throat and belly but it is not as pronounced. Does that still meen it is a firemouth kingfisher?

0 Not allowed!
    Oh it very well could be, but it has some coloration similar to a couple of the other species as well. Along with there being several similar species, there are also local variations of the same species. Either way, it is a fascinating genus.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like I might need to do some googling, I think I have heard of the term blue firemouth before, ring any bells?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking fish mate!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like my Firemouth, mine colours up a lot depending on different factors. Other times, when he's not trying to be intimidating and just hanging out, he has less colour like in the picture. Very nice fish for $3 CA

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Firemouths are cool. I have four at the moment. Sometimes they catch the light just right and light up with blues and purples, as striking as a salt-water fish. Yours looks like a FM to me, but I have all of six weeks experience with them, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Do you just have one, and does he seem happy to be by himself? I am hoping to get a mated pair eventually (I currently have three males and a female, so hopefully she'll decide she likes one of them), but if that doesn't work out I might just keep one.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom
    My computer beat me at chess, but it proved no match for me at kickboxing.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast