· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Stocking wise will be starting off with what I've already got,

Scopas tang, Sargassum Trigger, Royal Gramma, Pair of Clowns, Yellow tail damsel, Bi colour blenny, file fish, gobies, jawfish, various shrimp, starfish hermits and snails.

Corals wise I've got some bits of branching SPS, plating SPS, Torch corals, a 14" leather coral, some zoas and some mushrooms.

I'd like to get a Tri Colour tang and a shoal of Lyratail Anthias but not sure what else.

Chris
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Another thing you might want to think of is on-board memory so that you can track the data. By this I mean recording whatever you can to look for any trends so you can see if you wanna make any changes. I know I'd kill to be able to watch my temp and pH graphs over the course of the day but my reefKeeper doesn't have any on-board memory to track that

Just another thing to think about

And in terms of what board to go with I'd stay away from the ardunio one, it lack processing power from what I understand and I'd just stick with the PLC but it's definitely something to think about since you won't be using a lot of logic, more just a timer on steroids with some different modes from what I understand
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I have no real idea of what can live with what in SW, just wanted to chip this in though, I saw for the first time a bird wrasse, quirky as anything, and I read they can be housed in a 180 no probs, ever seen them before chris?
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    I have no real idea of what can live with what in SW, just wanted to chip this in though, I saw for the first time a bird wrasse, quirky as anything, and I read they can be housed in a 180 no probs, ever seen them before chris?
    Oh yea, I've got a banana wrasse too lol

Wrasses are stunning fish. One of the smaller wrasses would be fine in a 180 mate. I've going to get another couple of wrasses as some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019
    Another thing you might want to think of is on-board memory so that you can track the data. By this I mean recording whatever you can to look for any trends so you can see if you wanna make any changes. I know I'd kill to be able to watch my temp and pH graphs over the course of the day but my reefKeeper doesn't have any on-board memory to track that

Just another thing to think about

And in terms of what board to go with I'd stay away from the ardunio one, it lack processing power from what I understand and I'd just stick with the PLC but it's definitely something to think about since you won't be using a lot of logic, more just a timer on steroids with some different modes from what I understand
    I'll defo write the data into a datablock and track the ph and temp, will be handy to see what the tank does through the middle of a summers day etc.

All any PLC really does is the job of a few timers on steroids if you think about it.
    The stuff I've been training on the last few weeks (Top drive drills for Oil rigs and automated pipe handlers) are actually simpler in function and code than what this tank system will be lol

The only complexed bit on those is the VSD (variable speed drive), basically a massive inverter and frequency converter than can put out over 1500A at 750V AC!!!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfraser05
    1500A at 750V AC!!!!!
    Wow... I need one of those haha

Yea I imagine it won't be overly complex since it'll just be an on off cycle for a set amount of time depending on what "mode" your in but still cool as heck haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    check this out...

I'm going to Automate most of my house when we buy :)

0 Not allowed!
    Cool table.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Right, decision has been made as to how the stand and hood will look.

Going for something a little different to the norm.

I will build the frame solid out of construction timber (2x4) and get it solid.

I then will be cladding the outside in MDF but will be painting the entire thing in epoxy with a dark admiralty grey pigment.

http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.u...y-pigment.aspx

Should look pretty modern in style. Very high gloss finish and easy to wipe down.

I will make 100% sure every single part is sealed in the epoxy and the cabinet doors will be handle less using magnetic fasteners (save little hands getting into the sump).

Can't wait now. Work starts in aprox 1 month!

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    That table reminds me of Catherine the Great...she had a table that rose up from the floor (for dining) with place-set tubes that took down the order, and then returned the food to the guest...and the entire table would then retract again afterwards for dancing...

This was done in order to ensure privacy for the guests (no one would see them). Apparently servants are very gossipy...

...not that I'd know...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    cool

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast