· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Unhappy Kitten scaring fish?

0 Not allowed!
    My kitten has taken to jumping up on top of my fish tanks, or walking the thin ledge in front fo their tanks and whacking the glass whenever a fish comes out. My three mollies won't come out of their cave now! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get her to leave them alone?
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

0 Not allowed!
    Training a cat is always a challenge, lol, but I find a spray bottle works well.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I keep scolding her and shooing her away from the tanks, but she still won't leave them alone ... *sigh*

I'll go look for a spray bottle :) Only reason I haven't used it yet, is because my kitten loves water. She goes 'swimming' in the tub and everything. I'm afraid she's going to think squirting water at her is praise.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...I'd suggest a spray bottle too...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Well, you could try the dog training aids. The ultra sonic devices, or the collar that squirts lemon scent on them...

Or maybe a childs nerf gun, lol.

a fish for my seeester! - mommy1 a happy easter banana - mommy1 thanks! - mommy1 havent given you a gift in a while - mommy1 i won the lottery!! - mommy1 
    Because I bought your sister one. - Celtic Fins Have a clown loach :-) - Celtic Fins have an angel - Celtic Fins merry christmas - mommy1 im telling mom! - mommy1 
    because you were always the perfect one - mommy1 happy birthday! - mommy1 Have a beer while your here :-D - 850R I thought i would by a round since i have all this money laying around :-D - 850R Another round for my friends - mommy1 
    Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    It is good to start the training while the critter is still a kitten. You are trying to go against your cat's basic instincts of the fish being food, interesting to watch and liking to play.

Make sure the water bottle you chose has a good strong stream so that you don't have to be very close to the tank to us it. Even though your cat likes water, the stream of water will not be pleasant and coupled with a firm "No" at the same time will help in training. You have to also be consistent and diligent -- using it every time your kitten is even looking like it is going to jump on the tank.

We had this issue at our house for a while with a couple of adult cats that terrorized my fish. It worked but it took a while. (I also would sneak up on the cat while it was on the tank and squirted it so that it would learn that just because they didn't see me, they weren't safe to be on the tank.)

I hope this helps and good luck.

4 black kuhli loaches, 1 clown pleco
    6 zebras, 1 very red swordtail

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cats that do like water generally don't like it on anything other than their own terms. Don't let them see the bottle when you use it, that's suppose to help.