· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: What now?

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

Default What now?

0 Not allowed!
    I just finished making my bubble coral "happy", now my frogspawn has something going on with it.

Any ideas? Is it water (which I am still tweaking but the frogspawn has CERTAINLY weathered far more than this!) or is that devil spawn from hell velvet damsel of mine poking it!?!

Its been like this for over a week now, its not just a temporary irritation thats causing it.
    Oh, and this is about a quarter to a third of the total coral.
    I've shut off the flow I think was affecting the area, tho I don't really think flow is the problem, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sheamurai; 03-19-2012 at 02:09 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Tweaking in what way? And what other corals do you have? Since that appears in one area of your Euphyllia, I'm wondering if the current has changed there, or it's downstream from another coral.

Were it me I'd do a partial water change to see if it perks up. If not, I'd start checking variables as I described, and I'd be doing water tests. Got to be a reason why your frog spawn is acting like that in that region.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I've been dosing Iodide; Mag; Cal; Alk; Fuel (seachem) in order to bring those into line.

The current has changed there, but not in any way that hadn't occurred before. I added an HOB filter where I used to have my HOB skimmer (to run chemi-pur elite). Coral placement near the frogspawn has not changed.

I really hope it is something so easy to fix as flow! I only shut off the HOB tonight, so I'll leave it off for the week and see if that effects a change.

I've done maybe two water changes since it's been like this, with no change.

No parameters are so far out of whack, except perhaps Iodide (which brand I have is supposed to be safe), so I can't see it being my water...if it was my water I would think the entire coral would be affected.

Hope its the flow...