· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default My black moor's eye!

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I have a black moor telescope fancy goldfish. I've had it for about 2-3 years now and it's been relatively healthy. He's had ick on and off and we've gotten rid of it. Now his one eye had swollen bigger than the other and it has water leaking in it. Now even sure if his eye is completely dead or not. It makes me so sad. His eye has gotten SO big that he has gotten stuck under the things we have in the tank. I heard bubbles can make this worse i'm not sure HOW he got water in his eye and why it's swelling. He seems to be in pain too. It makes me so upset. He's gotten stuck under our bubble dragon countless times and I find myself frantic in the middle of the night with my arm stuck in the water getting him out a lot. So I'm just wondering has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - gadget228   Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    What are your parameters and tank size? Repeated cases of ich would indicate poor water conditions.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not really sure but I know it's big enough to fit 3 goldfish in it. They only had ich once so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I just feel so bad seeing him there struggling I just wish I could help! I read somewhere to put like a little salt into it but I tried it and nothing seemed to work. the temps fine the water is fine everything is top notch. We have another goldfish that is doing amazing. So I just figure this is a problem with the black moor and his eye. I hope someone else has heard of this so I know how to resolve it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    It almost sounds like pop-eye, but without knowing your water parameters that is only a shot in the dark

Have you tested your water for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates ?

What type of maintenance routine do you have (water changes, gravel cleaning, filter cleaning...... and so on)

If you are not too sure on how big your tank is, could you post the measurements ?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more information that we can get about your tank, the better we can help
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 with all the questions above - You say your tank is big enough to fit 3 goldfish? There are small tanks (like 5-10 gallons) that can fit fish when they are smaller (ie - right from the store) but, 3 goldfish can grow to be quite large (we're talking a minimum of 6inches).

You said in your 1st post it's had ick "on and off" - that means more than once unless it was one long bout of it that took a long time to get rid of?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok you just reminded me it's 10 gallons. Yeah my mom told me it's big enough to fit 3 goldfish and they seem ok in a 10 gallon tank. We clean are tank pretty regularly basically like every sunday to every 2 sundays. It doesn't really get that dirty anyway it's always sparkling. Today I'm extremely concerned. I came home to him stuck under our decorations again an this happened 2 more times. When he got out he was kinda just floating and the other fish we have rammed right into him. Idk... it's strange. I don't know really anything about fish but I'm very concerned. I'll try to test those things later when my mom comes home and post it. I think he might die soon :/ I'm really not sure.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    *oh yeah and I didn't mean they had ich on and off idk why I put that there. Must've been a mistake. They had it once when they were both healthy and we just got them in the tank.

*I also put stress coat in to calm my fish and rearranged the decorations so he wouldn't get so stuck again.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    as other have said an you please post water params. my guess as well is pop-eye. and you have just 2 or the 3 fish. ive only have heard of you talking about 2, but keep reffering to big enough for 3 fish. 10gal is way to small for 2 goldfish. they have fairly high bioloads from what i know.