· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if it were that simple i would. i'm in the military, live in a dormitory and my schedule changes in an instant. i would never be in the position to pick them up as soon as they arrive and begin to acclimate them.

because my lfs gets a new stock in every week. they said they would have them in within seven days. they lied.
    40 Gallon Breeder Planted: harlequin rasbora rummynose tetra corydoras cherry barbs

40 Gallon Breeder Reef: In progress!

0 Not allowed!
    Not a single day in your life that you could spare to be at a certain place at a certain time? Well, kudos to you for having a fish tank in the first place.
    And for the awesome Aquascape.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    what little time i do have to spare i spend tending to the fish i do own. They all thrive so obviously when the opportunity arrives to add more to the stock i will see nothing but improvement. it's in no way my fault the my lfs doesn't keep a steady stock of the same species. gotta learn somehow? im not gonna take the chance ordering fish online then getting called in to work to work 12's for three days straight. not everyone is in the position to order fish online.
    40 Gallon Breeder Planted: harlequin rasbora rummynose tetra corydoras cherry barbs

0 Not allowed!
    Okay... Okay...
    *raises arms in surrender*
    I appreciate your situation. Hope you can up those schools ASAP though(that might mean a few days, weeks, or months), and for the fishes sake.

Edit: Some fish stores will stock fish if you ask for them. Have you tried that?
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    ^Read

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it really does bother me that my lfs puts me in this situation. i had high hopes for them when i first got into the hobby.

for instance i work from 2:30p.m. to 10:30p.m. monday night through friday. if i get off, watch tv until 1 or 2 a.m. i sleep until about 10 or 11 a.m. that gives me 4 hours a day during the week to get stuff done. <- not enough time to drive 1 hour there and back to the other fish store who actually has an amazing stock.

i really only get to tinker with my tanks on the weekend(minus feeding and dosing ferts during the week) i've always wanted to add to the stock. it's just not as easy as i'd like it to be given my situation.

trust me i'm aware i need to up my schools, i was aware the moment i purchased them. things just didn't go as planned so i have to make the best of it

as far as getting them to stock they have been in the process of trying out a new supplier and revamping their SW section. so they can't and won't order much of anything now..

0 Not allowed!
    So no way that you are going to have a guaranteed day of freedom?
    Well darn, man in that situation I would have given up.

Edit: sacrifice a bit of sleep (2h) Drive there(1hr plus unex. which meants 1h15min) go there(1hr)drive back (1:15) you have an hour to acclimate them, and assuming you are an hour away from work, you might be able to squeeze it.
    Sorry if I seem "pushy" about getting more schools...
    Edit again: NVM seeing your last post
    Last edited by PhillipOrigami; 04-04-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    ^Read

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nope. could get called in at any minute, could change shifts at any minute. throughout all of this i've managed to make my current plants and fish thrive and i plan to do the same with my reef tank.

i'm in the long, expensive process of getting aquarium controller and new equipment for both tanks to make nearly everything automated and fail proof to make life a bit easier for me.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, that sucks. :P
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    ^Read

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah. but when i wake up and look at my tank it's well worth it. there are only a few dorm residents on base that have fish tanks, mine blow all out of the water

0 Not allowed!
    Because they aren't goldfish in bowls and you did the research. Go sue your lfs :P

Now go aquascape lake Malawi.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    ^Read