· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Cool Ridgenesss 40 Gallon Breeder

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking about giving this journal thing a shot.
    My tank was completely set-up for the most part by the time i joined the ac but i slowly upgrade over time.

Right now i have my 40 breeder with about 8 pieces of driftwood, 4-5 larger rocks and some smaller rocks scattered around.

It's planted with banana plant, broad leaf ludwigia, needle leaf ludwigia, water sprite, wisteria, rotala and creeping charlie. All lighted by an aquatic life dual lamp t5 with a 6k and roasate bulb. I dose most of seachems liquid fert line according to there chart and have been pleased.

For filtration i recently upgraded from an eheim ecco series canister and a fluval u2 in tank filter to a single fluval 306. The new 306 is very nice.

As far as my inhabitants i may be pushing it number wise, but will be uprading soon. Plus none of my fish get very large and i maintain a very clean tank.

I have
    2 pearl gourami
    6 harlequin rasbora
    4 rummynose tetra
    1 yoyo loach
    2 subfasca loach
    1 cae (getting him out asap)
    8 assorted corydoras
    2 cherry barbs

My tankmates get along very well and have plenty of hiding places to explore.

Pics soon!
    40 Gallon Breeder Planted: harlequin rasbora rummynose tetra corydoras cherry barbs

40 Gallon Breeder Reef: In progress!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Love journals!!

Id say an upgrade would be good as you have a few species there who should really be kept in shoals of 6-8+

All the best in your journal!! Posting pics is always a good idea!!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Getting married around march of next year when i get back from afghanastan, I convinced the fiance to let me have a man cave This 40 gallon planted will soon be a 75!
    40 Gallon Breeder Planted: harlequin rasbora rummynose tetra corydoras cherry barbs

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes a 75 would be very nice. Remember, loaches love groups.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    If only we were all aloud a Man Cave :(:(:(:( lucky person :P
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Phil
    Yes a 75 would be very nice. Remember, loaches love groups.

i just couldnt resist buying the very last yoyo loach in my lfs, they havent had any since. plus he is best friends with my corydoras lol

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgenesss
    i just couldnt resist buying the very last yoyo loach in my lfs, they havent had any since. plus he is best friends with my corydoras lol
    We have that same problem with yoyos around here too. They only ever seem to show up at the lfs in groups of one. Take you about 5 years to build a decent school that way.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Phil
    We have that same problem with yoyos around here too. They only ever seem to show up at the lfs in groups of one. Take you about 5 years to build a decent school that way.

I felt the need to purchase mine. He was in a tank completely crowed with tetras, alone and looked miserable. Since he's been in my tank he grew extremely well and is very active.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    If only we were all aloud a Man Cave :(:(:(:( lucky person :P

Hehehe. Yes a Man Cave would be VERY NICE

Too bad this bloke lives in the trailer park

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally have a few pics to put up