· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New Pink Frogspawn

0 Not allowed!

I'm so excited! Its about 6 inches, and got it for $60 at the LFS. This is my first frogspawn wall.... any help is appreciated.

0 Not allowed!
    Nice frogspawn

Once he settles in to your tank, he will look even better
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Give it ten years, and you'll see how large and robust that coral can get. ) Wall-type Euphyllia, like my ancora, is more than 30 inches long and 20 inches wide at its longest width.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WOW, that is IMPRESSIVE!!!! Where can I see a picture of yours?

It seems to be doing good, but today I noticed a place on it that is not opening up all the way. Its a section about half an inch where I can see the skeleton.The tank it came out of was full of junk, and I normally don't buy stuff at that LFS. Is there anything that I should be watching out for, or anything that I should do to keep it free from parasites or sickness? Perhaps an iodine dip just to be safe?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have noticed there is a place where the wall is starting to recede my alk is at 10, and my Ca is reading 380 (this just doesn't seem right to me, I am going to have to get another test kit) nitrates are at 0, phosphates are at .10 (phosphate reactor should be in this coming week if not tomorrow), and pH is at 8.3. I don't know if it got damaged with too much flow when I was moving my power head around or what. I was really careful when I moved it, though. I know these don't like flow. I'll post a picture when the lights come on, and I can get to it tomorrow with all the family stuff going on for the holiday. I hope the receding stops, any advice is appreciated!

Anyone else have a problem like this with frogspawn?

0 Not allowed!
    Your calcium is a little low. I've always kept mine around 420-440. I doubt the issue is with calcium though. have you noticed any of the tank inhabitants picking at it?
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not at all... I just looked at it closer, and I think everything is ok...? It is only a half inch spot where the fleshy part isn't coming down quite as far. Probably by about 2cm. The test I have tells me my Ca is at 380 no matter what I add, so I am pretty sure its a crap test. I'm going to order another test set next month (this month's aquarium budget went to getting the phosphate reactor, lol).

I have had this coral for a month, and from what research I have gathered this is when it either dies or thrives. I did change the flow in the tank, and my kenya tree and some of my blue shrooms are mad at me, lol. But the frogwall is a happy camper!