· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Bubblenest confusion!! O.o

0 Not allowed!
    Sooooo I've been conditioning my male betta in a 2.5 gallon tank and I decided to move him to a 5 gallon to breed, h had blown a really thick bubblenest in the 2.5 about 6 layers worth, when he built it in the 5 gallon tank it was only 1 maybe 2 layers thick... My question is should I try breeding him in the 2.5 and transfer the fry? I'm just wondering because everything I've read says otherwise...

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't even try breeding in a 5g. There simply is not room for either fish to escape in case things go bad. Betta breeding can be quite aggressive.

What sort of material do you have for him to build his nest on/under?
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

"Mbuna Tank" 75g - Ps. saulosi, I. sprengerae, M. pulpican, M. joanjohnsonae

"Time Out Tank" 29g - dominant male Cynotilapia sp. "hara"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He built it under a styrafoam cup, I already bred then once but his bubblenest apart and they're not agressive towards each other which is nice. I changed new water and put him back in his 2.5 without a cup this morning and just found that he blew a nest all over the top of the water in one corner of te tank and it's pretty big. Is there a specific reason why his nests are foamier in the smaller tank?

0 Not allowed!
    Not a good idea to breed them at all unless you can separate all the females from the males very soon. That means a tank for every male.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's why I was thinking I could transfer them into a grow out tank, I've also heard from a lot of people that most spawns only fight when you start seperating them

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nobody has input on my original question? O maybe personal experience?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you post pics of both tanks? (the 2.5g and the 5g)

What are the differences between the two tanks? (filtration, heating, decor, etc.)? Is the 5g cycled? Is there a background on it? Darker water so he feels secure?
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

"Mbuna Tank" 75g - Ps. saulosi, I. sprengerae, M. pulpican, M. joanjohnsonae

"Time Out Tank" 29g - dominant male Cynotilapia sp. "hara"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The only difference between the two is that there is gravel on the bottom of the 2.5 gallon, sorry for no pics I don't own a camera >>

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my betta didn't like blowing nests when we put him in the big tank, so we actually bought a breeder net, cut a hole in the side he can get in and out of, and he blows bubbles in that. and he and the female also use it to hide like a cave, but we can see and get to them if need be.