Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Just Having Some Fun: Semi-Aggressive "Community"

0 Not allowed!
    Just having some fun with the camera...

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Few more...

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    nice shots! I liked the cories in particular. What camera are you using?
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's an Olympus PEN E-P3. Still learning how to use it, but it takes nice shots of the tank when using the flash.

And I love the corys too. I've never owned them before, but am kicking myself for not getting them sooner. They are fun to watch! They're more like puppies than fish they way they seem to play together. Awesome little guys. (Although there's only two in the pic, I have a school of six at this point).

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Dang! Nice pics. Please come over to my house and take pics of my rainbows. My rainbows are beautiful, but their owner is a complete dunce with a camera.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The Rainbows are SO HARD to shoot! They never stay still long enough to get a good shot.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Phil
    Dang! Nice pics. Please come over to my house and take pics of my rainbows. My rainbows are beautiful, but their owner is a complete dunce with a camera.
    And when you're done at Phills place, you can come and take some decent shots here too! Very nice pics! Those little Serpea Tetras are one of my favorite tetras, I really like those!
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    Those are fantastic photos!! Well done!

Are all those fish from the same tank? Can you toss up a stock list? Do you have dwarf gouramis with tiger barbs?
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great pictures! I like the Corys and the Gouramis the best
    Last edited by Old Marine; 02-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know I'm going to take some flak for this stock, but I'm just now returning to the hobby and all of the fish are happy and healthy for now, so cut me some slack. :)

The tank is a 40-ish gallon, custom-built corner-style my wife and I bought years ago that I just recently set up for my 2-year old daughter to enjoy. Filtration is handled by the biggest Eheim Ecco Pro.

The stock includes:
    8 x Tiger Barbs (5 females, 3 males)
    6 x Harlequin Rasboras
    4 x Australian Rainbows
    5 x Red Serpae Tetras
    2 x Dwarf Gouramis
    6 x Peppered Corys
    1 x Rainbow Shark

The Red flame gourami and the rainbow shark are the most aggressive in the tank. The Red Flame is PITA most of the time, but the shark only gets nutty during feeding time. The barbs typically only mess with eachother, thankfully. Nothing can catch the rainbows or rasboras. The corys are my favorites--those htings are so fun.

The Neon gourami takes a bit of a licking from the Red Flame, but he's got his favorite cave that he defends and has been doing OK.