· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default water change during fish-in cycle

0 Not allowed!
    ok,when doing water changes you obviously have to shut the filter off until you refill.Does this change anything as far as cycle goes.

0 Not allowed!
    If your cycling with fish, nothing will be effected

Just turn off the equipment (filter, heater... etc), add replacement water at the same temp as the tank (or at least close) and turn everything back on. Don't forget to use dechlorinater.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on the filter. Both my AC20 and Fluval C3 say to power off the units before servicing. To not run them dry, as it will burn up the motors. A few minutes of being off will not hurt your BB colony. Just don't let it stay off soo long in servicing that your whole filter and BB colony media feel dry to the touch.

If doing water maint. and the level will drop to where the filter chugs and churns and stops spitting water out, I'd shut off to keep motor from frying while working on tank.

and Cliff beat me to the punch, +1 on shutting off heater too. Opps, forgot.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok thanks just wanted to be safe

0 Not allowed!
    YVW. Always best to be sure and that's why we're all here.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    got that right,thank god your all here because i would be lost its all new to me.thanks for the replies

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tanks with internal filters i turn off. Tanks with canisters i leave running.

Heaters are left on also. Unless my hands are going into the tank or the water change is enough to expose the heater
    Lots of tanks
    Camera - Sony A33 - Sony A58
    18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM lens
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

0 Not allowed!
    Everything I have is on the power plug. One click and all is turned off. I drain the tank, add the dechlorinator, refill and hit the switch. Done!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Everything I have is on the power plug. One click and all is turned off. I drain the tank, add the dechlorinator, refill and hit the switch. Done!
    Same here! That way I don't forget to turn one particular item on or off. Pretty easy to tell if everything is on/off.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks,thats how i set mine up on power strip just wanted to make sure it did not mess with the cycle.thanks again