· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default My Re-Scape, 55gal, 10gal

0 Not allowed!
    I took the time today to completely rescape both of my aquariums. It just wasn't making me happy with the way that I had them. So yeah tell me what you think!

10gal before

10gal after

55gal before

55gal after.
    Thanks for looking!
    55Gal, 4 Clown Loaches, 1 Black Ghost Knife, 1 Common Pleco (12"), 1 Chinese Algae eater, 2 Black Skirt Tetra, 3 White Skirt Tetra, 3 Glowfish
    600Gal Koi pond, 3 Koi, 4 Pool comets
    24,000 Gal Pond, no stock yet.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like them both much better after It is so fun to get a whole new look!
    46 gallon bow front planted - 6 Longfin Neon Rosy Barbs, 1 male Golden Sailfin Mollie, 6 Harlequin Rasboras, 4 Panda Corys, 1 German Blue Ram, 1 Apple snail.
    29 Gallon - mix of plastic and real plants - 1 Angel fish, 2 male fancy guppies, 2 German Blue Rams, 8 Neon Tetras, 2 Ottos.
    5 gallon Quarantine tank

Read my journal here.
    Pictures of my 46 Gallon here.
    Picture of my 29 gallon here.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My girlfriend says I just need to leave it alone... I disagree. Dont want to move it around too much but I want to make it flow better for the fish and for myself. Thanks for the compliment!!
    55Gal, 4 Clown Loaches, 1 Black Ghost Knife, 1 Common Pleco (12"), 1 Chinese Algae eater, 2 Black Skirt Tetra, 3 White Skirt Tetra, 3 Glowfish

Awards Showcase

your first fish - Lady Hobbs A gift to my mates. - mac Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs No Message - korith 
    For your funny posts. Every thread I giggle - Gemini For making me laugh!!! - Sharon Cheers Mith - slimey Congrats on your cycled almost tank - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs fill out the colony - Algenco WC kitumba - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFish10
    My girlfriend says I just need to leave it alone... I disagree. Dont want to move it around too much but I want to make it flow better for the fish and for myself. Thanks for the compliment!!
    First, we don't need to tell your gf that she's wrong... (if you expect anymore hugs in your future)... Unless you have one of those MEGA-EXTREME planted tanks... changing things around is always fun!

Your first two photos were a nice improvement, but the second two photos were a significant improvement! My preference when it comes to decor, is an open area in the front of the tank with back ground stuff complimenting it.

Never hesitate changing decor around, that's part of adding to the experience!

PS... not a fan of a big white pvc piece in the tank... kind of ruins the natural look. IF you must have it, then you may think about putting gravel over the rest of it...
    Yup, I got fish!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    First, we don't need to tell your gf that she's wrong... (if you expect anymore hugs in your future)... Unless you have one of those MEGA-EXTREME planted tanks... changing things around is always fun!

Your first two photos were a nice improvement, but the second two photos were a significant improvement! My preference when it comes to decor, is an open area in the front of the tank with back ground stuff complimenting it.

Never hesitate changing decor around, that's part of adding to the experience!

PS... not a fan of a big white pvc piece in the tank... kind of ruins the natural look. IF you must have it, then you may think about putting gravel over the rest of it...
    Well i didnt tell her she was wrong... But i just went ahead and did it anyways... Not much better. Good idea on the gravel covering pvc. Its just temp until i can get something different for my bgk. I hung it from the top of the tank to get him away from the cae that was beating on him and he loves it. So i figured i would leave it.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFish10

My wife's always telling me this too. Trust me, if you ever get to the point of marriage, the critiques only get more intense.

Like, "leave the tank alone, you mess with it and the fish die."

My mental response, "if I never maintain it, all the fish die."

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They both look better

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good. Nice improvement.