· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Albino BN and Leopard Sailfin compatible?

0 Not allowed!
    Ive had my Leopard Pleco for about 3 weeks now, went to Petco to pick up some water conditioner and saw the BN plecos on sale for 1.50. So being the loving daddy I am for my 2 year old who wanted it badly, I picked one up.

My Leopard pleco is roughly around 3" and the BN is slightly smaller, reading the countless advice on this forum, I know that some plecos are harmless but very territorial. They currently are homed in my 55 gallon with tons of caves and hiding spots. So far they have encountered each other twice in the tank seeing that my Leopard swims all over the place. As they encountered each other, the Leopards top fin went straight up and his side fins fanned out as well. He sits on the sand like that which im guessing is hes way of showing his dominance, I know its probably not a good thing but man he looks good lol.

So of course my question is, with the Leopard acting this way, is it wise to move my BN out of the tank or should I wait and see if he becomes more aggressive. Ill try to get some pics of the Leopard in his stout stance.

Thanks in advance,
    Coach

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   another pleco for your AC Tank - Northernguy   Good job with your filter - Cliff   No! You're banned for sending me a gift.. : ) - Little Embers   Any more pleco's and your going to need a bigger tank. - gadget228   
    Childhood Cancer - Pleco380   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Pleco380   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pleco380   

0 Not allowed!
    No, I wouldn't keep them in the same tank. The BN will get to 4-5 inches and the Leopard will get well over a foot. Eventually the leopard will need a larger tank. The leopard will become the boss and pick on the BN.
    26 gallon- 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Rummy-nose Tetras
    Read about my fish in my blog:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...wjournal&j=467

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I see, I have a 45 gallon hex tank that Im cycling right now and hoping to add some Angel fish, is it wise to move the BN to that tank when its fully cycled. The 55 gallon is being used to grow out the Leopard, and then I will add him to my 150 gallon tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   another pleco for your AC Tank - Northernguy   Good job with your filter - Cliff   No! You're banned for sending me a gift.. : ) - Little Embers   Any more pleco's and your going to need a bigger tank. - gadget228   
    Childhood Cancer - Pleco380   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Pleco380   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pleco380   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I'd move the BN pleco to the 45 gallon. Add him last though when it's completely cycled.
    26 gallon- 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Rummy-nose Tetras
    Read about my fish in my blog:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...wjournal&j=467