· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default African Flameback Angel

0 Not allowed!
    Was at lfs last night and fell in love w/ an african flameback that just came in. Such a beautiful little angel! Asked if reef safe and was told of all the dwarf angels, "most likely yes". So after doing some homework today, I think I will buy her. Has anyone ever kept one? How did it go? Just how reef safe? All research said was it is reef compatible w/ caution... What precautions, other then keeping her well fed? Also, I read they are now being captive bred, but did not see any for sale online. If the one at the store is not tank raised, should I hold out? Are they difficult to keep otherwise? Any experiences are appreciated!!! Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    What else do you have in the tank ?

Typically you can only keep one drawf angle in a tank

Have you read the below thread yet? It has some good info on feeding requirments.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=85684

As far as coral nipping, it's hard to tell if one will end up doing that or not. I would say you have a 50/50 chance
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Cliff, thanks for the link... Very informative on feeding needs, seems do-able to me. As for other tank mates, I have an orchard dottyback, a watchman goby, and 2 ocellaris... + inverts. I'm reading 30g for a tank size. mine is a 20g w/ a 15g refuge... What ya think?
    rsz_1229112327.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    A 30 gallon would be the smallest size tank for one of these guys as they are very active little fish (like most dwarf angles)

As long and you can meet their deit requirements you should be OK
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I certainly wouldn't put one in anything smaller than a 30gal. By the sounds of it, your 20gal is just about maxed out. African Flamebacks are great looking little fish, but are frequently absolute pains in the neck for other tank inhabitants. Like other Atlantic species of Angel, they are more aggressive then species from other regions.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoochews
    Hey Cliff, thanks for the link... Very informative on feeding needs, seems do-able to me. As for other tank mates, I have an orchard dottyback, a watchman goby, and 2 ocellaris... + inverts. I'm reading 30g for a tank size. mine is a 20g w/ a 15g refuge... What ya think?
    rsz_1229112327.jpg
    I'm sorry but I miss read your above post. I though you had a 30 gallon tank

+1 to goldbard.

A 20 gallon would be too small to keep this fish long-term

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. I've been doing a lot of reading tonight and have changed my mind since my earlier post... Still a stunning little fish, though!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats a beautiful fish but I agree on the size. I wouldn't go below a 30g. Also, it would worry me in one of my tanks only because I have some corals that would be pretty expensive to replace.
    Follow Me On Pinterst