· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

Default Need some help fast

0 Not allowed!
    This is happening way faster than I had hoped, but the quick story is, in about an hour I am going to have brackish fish. Archers, a puffer, anebelips, an eel, and a violet goby. I have a 120 they can go in for now, just need help with the water.

Is mixing the saltwater this fast going to be a problem?

Would adding a ton of aeration and a super big water pump help lower risks?

am I overreacting?

Also I don't know the SG of their current setup, so I guess I should undershoot it rather than risk going over, correct?

Would drip acclimation be the best option for this or could I get away with just scooping in about a 1/2 cup of water every 30-45 minutes for a few hours?
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Is the 120g currentky stocked?
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    It has 9 tetras in it. Or did. They are now moved and acclimating to their new tank. So no.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Id go for undershooting, easier to add than take away.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Just read a post by Smaug that says mixing it and letting it sit 20 min for brackish is just fine. Hope you're right!

0 Not allowed!
    I've had to mix salt water for my reef tank in a pinch before when I took out too much water during a water change

I filled a 5 gallon pale filled with fresh water, added a very strong powerhead (~1400 gph I think) then slowly added the salt. After mixing for about a hour, it was clear and ready for use
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will fill the 120, toss in my 1500gph pump and my mondo industrial air pump with some big air stones for good measure.

Deep breaths....lol

0 Not allowed!
    The more flow for mixing the better. Get out all the old filters you have in the spares closet and toss them on for more flow as well.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well, the last time I tried the 1500gph pump was with a vinegar mix in that tank and it almost overflowed the tank with the turbulence, even with the level down 6". Suppose I have a few others I can use too...it'll be an adventure! just hope it doesn't shoot the smaller pumps into the glass...lol

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    All setup and good. One of the anabaleps died en route sadly. Biggest ones I have ever seen. The puffer is hanging out on his side, which is how the owner said he always did since one overeating incident. Will need to start another thread on this methinks...The goby was actually a knight goby. Sadly he passed as well. All the rest are looking good for the most part.

Thanks again Cliff.