· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    OMG its a lemonade glass with a straw!

Right now, i have a string of expletives just awaiting for pour fourth evaporating from my snarling pie hole.

My first reaction is to snatch this thing and smash it into a million trillion pieces all over the street and tap dance on it with golf shoes while I wear an anti-animal cruelty sign as big as Texas on my head.

Betta's are my main passion, and the very idea that anyone would find this remotely "nifty" sends my blood pressure into flailing spasm fits. How anyone could take such a majestic creature and stuff it into a dixie cup is beyond me.

I would assume by now, my feelings are showing. Heh.

As for the "self cleaning", we do have something like that for larger tanks, its called a gravel vacuum!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiari
    OMG its a lemonade glass with a straw!

Right now, i have a string of expletives just awaiting for pour fourth evaporating from my snarling pie hole.

My first reaction is to snatch this thing and smash it into a million trillion pieces all over the street and tap dance on it with golf shoes while I wear an anti-animal cruelty sign as big as Texas on my head.

Betta's are my main passion, and the very idea that anyone would find this remotely "nifty" sends my blood pressure into flailing spasm fits. How anyone could take such a majestic creature and stuff it into a dixie cup is beyond me.

I would assume by now, my feelings are showing. Heh.

As for the "self cleaning", we do have something like that for larger tanks, its called a gravel vacuum!
    It's not good to hold your feelings in. Tell us how you really feel.

125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at the site, while they give somewhat good information (make sure water is the same, don't keep it in a cold room), it doesn't work.

Sadly, looks like this project is already set to hit the market.

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJKR
    Looking at the site, while they give somewhat good information (make sure water is the same, don't keep it in a cold room), it doesn't work.
    As I mentioned previously, There is NO mention of using a heater at all.

Completely omitting mentioning a fundamental & required piece of equipment does not qualify as 'somewhat good information' by any stretch of the imagination.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    What I think is sad...is that people will believe the manufacturers of gimmicky items like this BEFORE they'll believe an actual fishkeeper with years of experience...

Yes...please believe the people who are out to make money BEFORE the experienced, free advice from someone with the animal's welfare at the forefront...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    As I mentioned previously, There is NO mention of using a heater at all.

Completely omitting mentioning a fundamental & required piece of equipment does not qualify as 'somewhat good information' by any stretch of the imagination.
    I say somewhat because at least they are saying make sure water is the same as in the jar and not to keep it someplace cold. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

They could just say to dump clean water in the cup with no mention of temperature and say it can be kept in a cold room.

I tried to comment saying how horrible this idea was and one can only comment if you back the project.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJKR
    I say somewhat because at least they are saying make sure water is the same as in the jar and not to keep it someplace cold. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

They could just say to dump clean water in the cup with no mention of temperature and say it can be kept in a cold room.
    What they could do is NOT produce, Market and sell a 1/2G container of unheated water as a suitable & appropriate home for a betta. THAT would be better than any additional text on their website.

It's literally true that the fish that are sadly housed in one of these would be better off if this company produced nothing.

So, No - It's not better than nothing.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so how many of you that are outraged actually took the time to question the creators of it?

There is a button for asking questions. (I typed one up earlier but then I read how many people had already given to the project and got depressed and went to bed instead )

If you want to encourage good quality fish keeping, I'd encourage you to speak up. Keep it civil and polite so you don't come across as a wack-a-doodle, but do let them know why you disagree with their design.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    Ok so how many of you that are outraged actually took the time to question the creators of it?

There is a button for asking questions. (I typed one up earlier but then I read how many people had already given to the project and got depressed and went to bed instead )

If you want to encourage good quality fish keeping, I'd encourage you to speak up. Keep it civil and polite so you don't come across as a wack-a-doodle, but do let them know why you disagree with their design.
    *raises hand*

Already filed a complaint, TYVM. Did that first before I posted LOL. My letter to the creators of this maligned aquatic torture device was hardly tame....

But I used professional big girl language hehe.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    It's not an aquarium, It's a large drink from 7-11.

I hate seeing idiocy like this marketed to people who don't know any better, It's just one more thing to dumb down the hobby.
    Exactly.

I am so glad to see everyone is as appalled by the notion as I am. I hate to put people down, because I know there are plenty of people out there who keep their bettas in bowls and care for them (I have been met with great argument in the past for complaining - more accurately I have been verbally assaulted from the most unexpected people), and so have come to approach the subject of Betta care with a degree of caution ... but it is this kind of marketing that really pisses me off. I mean really, deeply, pisses me off. It's a living creature, not an ornament.

:) And it does look like a lemonade jar. Yes, with a selection of LED lights so you can light up your trapped and tortured dining room decor.

If, on a larger tank, you could just somehow vacuum from under an undergravel filter while adding water, that would be one thing. Oh, wait, I'm pretty sure we have a similar system, already. You just have to have a real aquarium to use it.
    I know what I'm doing, in theory.
    Begun 06.2011 - 10 gallon
    3 Green Corydoras aeneus, 1 Gambusia affinis, Anubias barteri, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Nymphoides aquatica, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Alternanthera reineckii "roseafolia", Echinodorus parviflorus "Tropica", Ludwigia Ovalis
    3 dogs, 3 cats, wild birds, lots of plants
    Begun 10.2011 - 3 gallon
    L. brasiliensis, H. leucocephala, 6 G. affinis, pond snails