· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Brichardi behaviour

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone had any odd behavior at all from Brichardi's? lol
    My little guy Nova, loves to pick up small pieces of coral and drag them up the side of the tank so that it makes a tapping noise, then he drops them, and swims down and does it again.
    Im trying to train him so that when he does it, he gets food. lmao
    He only does it in one corner though, could he be bored?? Im waiting for my local to contact me when they get some females in. Until then not much i can do, he also re-arranged the entire tanks sand/coral substrate. I know they dig and re-arrange (obviously), but the whole rock thing surprised me. lol

btw people who saw my last post on him will know he's a kind of rescue. His fins are growing back so nicely! They'd look normal to anyone who didnt know what brichardi fins are supposed to look like, but have not grown into a point/lyre tail just yet, i expect them to be fully grown in 2 weeks.

old pic from 2 weeks ago

Nova now...

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Great pics!
    That is a great looking fish! Nice job!
    Thats what I like about cichlids,they are high on personality!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Sure, you love him now, but wait until you have a few hundred fry overcrowding the tank, and yet another brood about to hatch. You'll be wondering why you wanted the buggers to begin with...

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    very nice turn-around on the rescue Fish looks great.
    Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    Sure, you love him now, but wait until you have a few hundred fry overcrowding the tank, and yet another brood about to hatch. You'll be wondering why you wanted the buggers to begin with...

hahah, oh dont worry i realise this to the fullest!!

6. Default Brichardi rescu

0 Not allowed!
    I too have just rescued a brichardi, and he is only about 2cm in length, true length, yet when I look at your pictures, and those from books, mine has pec fins that look deformed, and his (its) caudal has a lyre effect with a lobe appearance, maybe this is just a juvenile state of formation? I think he/she is the coolest thing since sliced bread, or auto feeders, but need to try to sex this animal. The current set-up is a tall 15 with three mystery tetras, and a small snail. I have placed half a terra pot and a Y-d BVC pipe for hiding and nesting. Next week I am going to add three Lemon Tetras with this group. The three month plan is a 40gal with hopefully a mate for the cichlid before it is set in it's way, or too terretorial to pair up.
    superb pictures, the eyes you got that just so, I love those eyes and mine has an pupil that catches local coloration as it swims. In Alaska we don't get any on our "List" so finding another might be tough.