· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Smile MLBfan's second 29 gallon! Yes!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Okay folks, today I am completing a dream of mine ever since I joined the Aquatic Community one month ago, starting my own journal, so here it goes...

Today I went to get an aquarium from an add on Craigslist, it was for a 29 gal aquarium, the add had little info, but a pic and a price of 45 bucks obo, so my dad and I went to check it out and after looking at it and seeing that it came with a canister filter (magnum 350 canister filter (listed as for 100 gallon aquariums)), it also came with a castle(no not a real one, just the one's for fish, no use for that) and the aerator thing. I ended up getting it for $35 and I think that was fair. So now that's about where I'm at. I'm going to cycle the filter in my established tank (as talked about here) Right now while my tank is cycling though I am going to think of things I need (heater...) and what fish I want (cichlids, although that's like saying I want a sandwich for lunch, there are so many different kinds!)

I want this tank to be:
    1. Nicely aquascaped
    2. Used for breeding (to earn a little money)

Ill upload pics as soon as I get onto a computer (I'm on my phone)
    Last edited by MLBfan; 02-21-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you want to try breeding a cool cichlid then here is just one suggestion,(from many)that I can offer.Try Cryptoheros nanoluteus(A.K.A. yellow convict).Not aggressive like any other in this genus,and will be fine in a 29 gallon.I have three myself,a male and two females.Very underrated,good little lively community fish.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery1
    If you want to try breeding a cool cichlid then here is just one suggestion,(from many)that I can offer.Try Cryptoheros nanoluteus(A.K.A. yellow convict).Not aggressive like any other in this genus,and will be fine in a 29 gallon.I have three myself,a male and two females.Very underrated,good little lively community fish.
    I have never seen those before! Cool fish.

MLBfan, about time you get a journal going! We'll be watching you.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

0 Not allowed!
    here's the pic.
    Last edited by MLBfan; 02-21-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan
    You are going to have to resize that pic [And I would suggest using the preview post button - It is really helpful].

You can use this to resize http://www.irfanview.com/ if you have don't have another way to do it, It's free and it works.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Default Woah

0 Not allowed!
    When I viewed it on my phone it was a good size, but I just saw it on the computer and it's Huge. Click Here http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...hp?photo=21726

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's better.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, so today I'm going to go to my LFS and get a new things for my canister filter (whatever the thing on the inside is called) and a heater (maybe). Then I'm going to put the thing in the filter and hook it up to my old tank (29 gallon with fish), should I have rhis on it's lowest setting (the hob on there is "for 50 gallons" and the canister is for 100 gallons" the fish currently in the old 29 are harlequin rasbora, bw tetra, bn pleco and albino cory)?

Default Slight Change of plans

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday I went to my lfs and I got to talk to the owner for the first time. He took me and my dad around the fish section. First he showed us the nitrogen cycle and how it goes, then to the fish tanks and how to feed fish, then how to gravel vac and then about how at that store they quarantine all their fish. I knew nearly all of what he was talking about, but its nice to know that they care about people having healthy fish. Anyway he suggested moving gravel from my current tank to my new tank and that will help with a cycle. I think I'll cycle the filter from the new tank.

As far as fish go I think I want kribensis along with some middle and top level fish? Does anyone know some good ones that will not eat much fry? Oh, also kribs aren't necessarily THE fish (there's a possibility for me to be persuaded).

0 Not allowed!
    I'm going to get the magnum 350 checked and see what needs to be replaced today. As fqr as fish go I'm also considering keyhole cichlids. Has anyone kept these? After the tank is cycled I'm thinking of getting 4 or 5 of these, then wait for a pair to form and remove the others. Will lfs usually by back the extra fish?