· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Betta fish food lol

0 Not allowed!
    I have a male crowntail betta, Larry Nacho Cheese Brat Fish, who i found out looooves feeder guppy fry! but now he has taken a liking to the cory cat's pellets...Larry is totally living up to the 'brat fish' part of his name. there is plenty of regular Betta flakes and freeze-dried bloodworms for everyone to eat but is it ok that Larry has added bites of these pellets to his diet as well?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think the pellets will hurt him, but I hear that bettas get constipated easy so watch out on the fry feeding
    Define busy ~
    29 gal freashwater
    10 gal empty ~ someday Betta
    4 cats, 1 dog and 2 kids. (2yr-4yrs) Potty Training and one on the way

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    luckily Momma Fish is done having babies...we had re-homed the males guppies last month and the 'tween' guppies that we kept appear to be female.
    but thank you i didn't know. Larry apearently could less about pooping lol.

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on what the ingredients of the cory cat's pellets are made of. Generally, Betta's are carnivores, and should have "meaty" foods. Too much vegetable matter could lead to their digestive distress, but none at all will contribute to constipation.

If the food in question contains "meaty" products and say, some spirulina it should be okay. If its an algae wafer, it could damage your bratty fish lol... especially if he goes to town on them regularly.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Be careful.. bettas have a tendency to overeat, its a very common cause of death.

Many sinking carnivore pellets are not good for bettas because they are designed to swell in the water. If the Betta gobbles a pellet and it swells after he eats it: bad news.

It's one of many reasons I don't keep cories and bettas together.
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

"Mbuna Tank" 75g - Ps. saulosi, I. sprengerae, M. pulpican, M. joanjohnsonae

"Time Out Tank" 29g - dominant male Cynotilapia sp. "hara"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine nibbles on the sinking catfish pellets and the algae wafers when they get dropped in (originally for the corys, now for the snails/shrimp). Doesn't seem to bother him, but neither actually swell. They just start to disentegrate as they soften. He also nibbles on the emerald entree when it gets fed...herbivore food, so helps with any constipation issues that might arise like the peas would.

a fish for my seeester! - mommy1 a happy easter banana - mommy1 thanks! - mommy1 havent given you a gift in a while - mommy1 i won the lottery!! - mommy1 
    Because I bought your sister one. - Celtic Fins Have a clown loach :-) - Celtic Fins have an angel - Celtic Fins merry christmas - mommy1 im telling mom! - mommy1 
    because you were always the perfect one - mommy1 happy birthday! - mommy1 Have a beer while your here :-D - 850R I thought i would by a round since i have all this money laying around :-D - 850R Another round for my friends - mommy1 
    Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I usually feed my betta first and he mostly leaves the rest of the food alone long enough for it to get to the bottom.

4 black kuhli loaches, 1 clown pleco
    6 zebras, 1 very red swordtail

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my betta nibbles on my frog food and my algae wafers occasionally. He learned not to, because the frogs dont like people eating their food, and the pleco doesnt either. But it doesnt seem to hurt him when he does. Just yea, watch how much he eats of it, because you dont want him to overeat too much.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hello and thanks to all that have posted about Larry my betta eating the julii cats pellets. I've come to accept that Larry is livin up to his name, he's just a bratty betta lol.
    Dali and Groucho's pellets do disintergrate, so i'm good there. Larry and the guppies do eat first (flakes and bloodworms). i actually drop the pellet while everyone else is eating. maybe he's just checking it out to make sure he's not missing out lol.
    again, thanks for your responses