· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hope that the fishies make it. Your tank is looking very nice.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    investigating dead body closer. she exploded from inside out it appears. Probably did have dropsy somehow, even though she was skinnier than any female livebearer i have ever seen. If the loaches did anything it was probably an accident, maybe ran into her and made her pressurized tummy pop or something. Now hoping if it was dropsy others dont get it. How much of a waiting time do i have to see if she gave dropsy to the loaches and other guppy?
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    today i noticed the remaining guppy eating (hasnt eaten since i got her) and the loaches ate like pigs last nite, so it appears they are in good health! Only 3 more days of initial QT and then im setting them free if still perfect health. :) Sunday im getting another guppy and also my 3 bloodfins and crab.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the other guppy now that i have moved her to where she is safe from harm and still heated. The plants help lower the amm and stuff and i change water every day in this thing:

Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 04-26-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Angry Marbles has Dropsy

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea how this even happened! No new fish have been added without QTing them first. All added fish are still happy and healthy. I have had no problems with sick fish in several months, and no deaths in quite a while (unless you count the perfectly healthy danio that disappeared one night and was never found again). Yet suddenly, out of nowhere, Marbles is pine-coned.

I checked the water parameters, and the nitrate was somewhere between 20-40 (i hate my test kit color code), but other than that params were normal. Amm 0, Trite 0, pH 7.8; those are my normal readings. I just cleaned the filter sponge that now that i think about it i dont think ive ever cleaned yet. That was probably the nitrate problem, it was nasty.

Marbles as of right now is moved to my quarter gallon or something like that holding bowl to await an opening in the QT tomorrow. Hes still eating and everything else normal, so i might have caught it early enough to save him? I gave him a pea, and before i separated him i treated the whole entire 75gal for bacterial infections (so much medicine!!) and scooped him out in that medicated water so that the dose was right. :) Hopefully he will look better tomorrow! I'd hate to lose him. :(
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    awhhh, I'm hoping he'll get better!
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was wrong. RIP Marbles. :( Either i accidentally killed him by not aerating the bowl, or he was worse than he seemed. I didnt know one night in an unaerated bowl could kill him! And if it was the dropsy that killed him, he was still eating, so i thought he would pull through! But i found him curled up sideways and stiff this morning on the bottom of his bowl. Will be strictly monitoring rest of tank now, especially remaining male, though in my past experiences with dropsy it was usually one fish and then no more dropsy *until i added a new fish to the tank that was infected*.

In other news:
    Did you know that a goldfish's cheeks puff out when their mouth is stuffed full!? I saw Petri with a swollen face today, and was like "huh, that's wierd". Then i looked closer and saw he was chewing on something. Even closer and i figured out what it was. It was the giant algae pellet that i had thrown in for everyone to nibble on last night. Apparently nobody noticed that one (there were 3) so Petri sniffed it out. It was a rod about an inch long! Crazy fish has a large mouth, lol. That will keep him occupied for a while...

*n*= edited text in the stars
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 04-27-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry about Marbles but d'awwh, that's adorable. You're making me want a goldfish more than ever.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My favorite female betta has dropsy. I have been doing a little bit of research on it and apparently there is no cure for it. Once they have it, it is like a death sentence. I am sorry for your loss. Which one was Marbles? It is hard to loose a fish that you have become close to.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ldoerr
    My favorite female betta has dropsy. I have been doing a little bit of research on it and apparently there is no cure for it. Once they have it, it is like a death sentence. I am sorry for your loss. Which one was Marbles? It is hard to loose a fish that you have become close to.
    If I recall correctly, it was the black molly, right?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yup. my adult male. now all i got left of my male mollies is my little guy. :(

Idoerr she is a character, but ill prob never get another after her. I dont want a specific cold-water tank, so once her life is over, im stickin with tropicals. :) And she gets soooo big!
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast