· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That will defenetly deserve a picture to share. I want to see it.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Idoerr, i changed my mind on that last post. Because i went to get my filter to cycle it on my 30 awhile, and i saw the hood on sale! So here is the new hood sitting out on my stand:

Its weird with those double light strips. I dont understand why i would need 2 separate strips...

And my new filter is now running along with my old one, both on the 30 gal so that i can cycle the 110 without hurting the fish. :)
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Today we got an exact date on the tank sale! April 14+15th, dollar per gallon sale. I figure i can get there bright and early on 15th and then ill be good for them to have it in stock and on sale! So excited now! :D
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfishlover2011
    Today we got an exact date on the tank sale! April 14+15th, dollar per gallon sale. I figure i can get there bright and early on 15th and then ill be good for them to have it in stock and on sale! So excited now! :D
    Is this at a small lfs? Or a large chain like Petsmart/co?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That Fish Place That Pet Place (The Largest Pet Store in the Woooorld!!! :D) The part in parenthesis is their motto song thing.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Found nice sand at That Fish Place. Not much selection, but i can get all i need for $25, so that's okay. Might not need to buy gravel actually. I have 30lbs of gravel, maybe 45, i dont remember... Anyway, so i have that in the 30 right now, and nobody wants used gravel, so im keeping that when i sell that tank. Then all i have to buy is the sand when that time comes.

I got my background today since That Fish Place is almost always out of stock of anything i need. :/ The one i liked most was out of stock of course, but i didnt notice the pretty purple plants on this one, so i like this one too! Here's what it looks like, im trying to decide whether to cut 4 inches off top, 4 inches off bottom, or how im going to cut it. And i need to cut the edges too, but that ill just center on tank and cut off edges. This is what it looks like uncut:
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You are getting there, Looking forward to seeing pictures of your tank when it is totally set up

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea im kinda doin it backwards. XD I have everything but the tank itself lol. And the sand. I like having some sand in my tanks, its pretty. :)

EDIT: I actually asked off work on the 14th of April just so that i can go get my tank. That's the first day of the dollar per gallon sale. Store opens at 9, we're gonna be there at 930. If they run out of 75 gals by then that is false advertisement and that means they didnt have it to begin with, because normal people dont run to the store that fast. Normal people get breakfast first.
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 03-09-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally got the right (or at least as good as its going to get due to restrictions of what im not allowed to get rid of) setup! 101%. Still 1% overstocked, but when i tell you that all of these fish (minus 2 guppies, 3 loaches, 5 black neons, and 2 bloodfins) are in my 30gal already... I can handle this 1% overstocking much more. :) It says 38% weekly water changes, but i think ill just buy one of those water changers and do 50%. Ive been doing it 1gal jug at a time for 5 years... I want one soooooooo bad!

Final draft fish stock!.png

Worth Noting, as Aqadvisor doesnt:
    *Gold gourami is female, as is one of the dwarves.
    *Goldfish and bleeding heart are my grandma's and she says i am keeping them because i live in her house and they are hers. I cant argue that point. :/
    * Mollies are 2m:7f
    *Guppies will be 1m:2f
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 03-14-2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Trying to make pic show up...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So it turns out my LFS is totally confused and if you walk in or call and ask they say yea the dollar per gallon sale is april 14&15, but if you check the site or ask the person who operates the facebook page, they arent having dollar per gallon, only 25% off instead. Sigh. I guess im just gonna have to save up a little extra just in case the internet is correct and the employees are wrong.

Was gonna buy my sand yesterday when my mom went to the store. She forgot she said she was going, so we didnt go. We shall try again next weekend. And hopefully buy a water changer too. I think i only need the 25ft one. I forgot to measure. Im just so on the ball aint i!?
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything