· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No im not on much of a budget. I originally said i wasnt payin more than $130 for the stand and look where that got me lol. Ill look and see if they have that filter tho, thanks. Then i can run it on my 30 with my current filter (im sure the fish will just lovethat super fast current) and cycle it so that once my tank finally goes on sale i can just drop em all in it and go! :D Right? Or am i still not right on how cycling works?
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    You can definitely put the canister filter on the 30G to cycle the media. Most canister filter will have some kind of system in place that should help reduce the flow for a smaller tank so you don't upset the fish too much.

Once you have the 75G you can swap the filter over and add fish. I would still add them in stages though. Although the filter will be nicely seeded, I've always had better luck adding fish in 3 or 4 stages, about 10-14 days apart, to make sure the bacteria have enough time to grow to support that many more fish. You probably won't have problems but it never hurts to check the water levels in the tank every 5-7 days with a test kit just to make sure things are in the right ballpark.
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Should the filter be okay to be able to support just the fish i have currently all at once, and then the new add-ons about 2 weeks later is stages? Figure i can use my 30 then as the QT for those new fish.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure I completely understand what your asking but it sounds like your plan would be fine. Seed the canister filter on your current 30G, then move it to the 75G when you add your first fish. After that the 30G can be used for a QT tank and you can start adding groups of fish into the larger 75G as you need to.
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have that stand (i think) and it really awesome. it was pretty easy to put together but the thing is heavy, mine weighs close to 100lbs. other than the shelf and sidewalls to the shelf its all solid oak which is nice because i dont normally trust aquarium stands

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the guy at the store said its all particle board. But it looks like oak, and yea, id say prob at least 100lbs.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So today was crazy. Yesterday my grandma gets impatient waiting for the call saying my stand came in. So she calls Petsmart and gets customer service, and the one girl says "Top Fin Oak Stand, no, we dont have that coming in for another 3 weeks." But the guy said its coming in this truck. "Well, the one we are getting is black." I dont want black. "Well then you have to wait three more weeks." Fine, so i cancelled all my help and everything.

Then this morning, i get a call. My oak stand came in! And it was oak, not black. Well, now all my helpers made other plans, so i dont have anyone to help me. Sigh.

So finally at 6:00 i gathered all my helpers back together again and now i could go get it (doesnt fit in my car, thats one helper). When i get back its 6:30 and we start assembling with my other helper. Well, it is now 10:06, and im finally done. That thing is the hardest thing i have ever put together. X_X Ill put the pic of the finished product in next post.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

8. Default Step One: Buy/Assemble the Stand

0 Not allowed!
    Mission Complete!

Most of it was super easy to do. But when it got to putting the top slab on... 2 hrs!!! I didnt get the filter i was going to get today yet. Ill pick that up after church on sunday, look around at That Fish Place's selection. Once im done with that im going to move that 10gal that is peeking in the corner over about a foot against that other wall not in the pic, so that i can center the stand in front of the window. That's where the tank's going to go. Nice and pretty. :) Til then, back door is immobilized! Muahaha! No escapees.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Stand looks nice
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I think im going to just put my 10gal on it for now, just because the 10gal is in the way, and i still have over a month before the 75 goes on sale... Im anxious to know how wierd it will look with such a tiny tank on top lol.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything