· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfishlover2011
    Im so proud of Makani for trying to break up the fight. She's so unlike the typical three spot gourami, it amazes me. :)
    That's pretty awesome! Interesting journal. (late)Congratulations on your dream tank!
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the congrats! Now if only the fish will cooperate to get the right fish that i want and not kill eachother randomly... Lol.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oldest remaining molly female Salt was running around last night choking on a white pebble. u_u I really hope she doesnt die from that. How the heck did she even fit a pebble down her throat!!!!??? I know the goldfish can do it all the time, but she also has a mouth almost as big as the fish in question, so that makes sense. Stupid fish...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Salt spit it out, she didnt die. However Mahina the evil female gourami did die. Apparently her injuries were worse than they appeared, because after most of her healed she got a bump under her face right on her gills there on very bottom. That bump looked horrible, it was pink and poofy. I kept treating her with antibacterial to try to make it go down, but it just kept getting worse and worse. Then it suddenly started to go go back down and i thought yay my meds are working! Then it was barely noticeable and she suddenly decided to die with no warning. :( Now Makani seems lonely because all the little fish are afraid of her and there are no more brave gourami friends to play with. I dont know if i should buy her a new male now that the aggressive female is gone? I might. I dont want to lose her too just because of depression from lost friends.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bought a new gourami. We went powder blue this time. :) He is perfect except a small tear in his dorsal fin probably from fighting. Currently in QT getting treated for the fin and checked for other problems. Then once hes in main tank he can be shown off.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Why is it that every time one of my tetras of one variety dies, one from the other variety dies as well at the same time? Its so wierd. I randomly lost one of each kind of multiple fish group that is countable. Annoying that i lost a female molly because i have too many males to begin with and im trying to fix ratio but females keep changing sex or dying. Im down now to three bloodfins, three black neons, only 6 female mollies, and 4 male mollies. I havent lost any individual fish though, so thats good. Still got Makani, Petri, Sid, Steve and Crunch all alive and well. And I named my new male gourami Kaiko and he will be added next week. His fin doesnt appear to be healing, but hes very colorful and active and ravenously hungry now. :)

Makani still seems depressed about having no friends, but shes starting to get better, i saw her hanging out with Petri today so maybe they will bond now. But now Fidget seems depressed, as her twin Chew is the molly that disappeared. Those two were always together, and seemed more concerned about eachother's whereabouts than where the rest of the molly squad was. The inseparable identical twins have been forever separated. Maybe its time to move Chase down to the main tank and give her another green molly like her to play with.

If i carefully make Fidget and Chase breed together, will i get all green mollies? Fidget and Chew came from dalmatianxdalmatian and Chase came from silverxsilver parents, so im not sure if id get silver and dalmatian and green, or just green...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, i think my stock is in a position now where i can start to lower water temps. I have 10 mollies, 2 goldfish, 2 bloodfins, 3 black neons, the upside down catfish, the mean old bleeding heart, and my 5 kuhli loaches. Everything else... X_X. I will lower water to 73F, because thats what my research says everything will be pretty much comfortable at.

I just bought a whole bunch of nerite snails. Two of them are nice leopards. Im going to put the leopards in this tank. One is HUGE and the other is smaller. My camera is broken and wont stay on long enough to focus on an object to take a picture, no matter what kind of batteries i put in it, so no pics of new snails individually, only the group pics.

Size comparison.

Patterns.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Top pic 1st and 3rd are Horned , 2nd and 6th are Zebras, 4th is Red Spotted, and 5th is a Tiger,
    They should tear up your algae very nicely. They look good.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They label them differently around here and where i got them online. They call the orange ones tigers, the single vertical striped ones zebras, the 2nd and 6th leopards, and the 1st and 3rd horned.

EDIT: I love snails. Ive always wanted the horned ones! And now that my pleco kicked the bucket the algae has nobody to eat it. These guys should love their new home. n_n
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 01-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ive decided im going to buy a clown pleco to replace my old pleco Steve. I have no idea why all those fish died, water params are great. But they appear good again now, so its time to add my new mollies and let my new pleco i will name Panic have the QT all to himself.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast