· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. And awesomest thing is that i didnt have one death from it (unless the loss of both of my beloved apple snails within days of eachother and with no warning signs first count) and none of the fish (or the new snail) are affected by the medicine at all, so i can probably go full dose on it now instead of just half. No, it didnt stain. In fact for some reason the color actually went away within a few hours of adding the meds. I removed all carbon and have nothing left but my ceramic rings, my nitra-zorb, my bio sponge, and my regular sponge. Nitra-zorb wont get rid of medicine will it? I had had it in there from a mini amm spike when i had first moved last of fish. Probably killed a little bit of BB from having both filters supporting less than full amount of fish during the initial week of transfer or something. Could probably remove it now...

Maybe my gourami breeding device will turn blue by the end of the treatment! :D Its nothing but styrofoam, plastic from back of hood, and aquarium sealant. Its the thing snagged on the stick in the last pic. Sadly i havent seen my male go in it yet, but both females have been loving it! They seem to love breathing air from the still water in the square instead of the rest of tank. Kinda funny. I really wish my male would discover the still water and make a nest. My female dwarf is starting to get a little chunky, possibly with eggs...

Even more news! Diatoms. X_X I was wondering when they would appear. Never had a brand new store bought tank before. My pleco and my snails wont eat them either. Grr. Im just leavin em there. Probably fed em good when i added my breeder thing with all of its freshly cured silicone all over it...

AND a quick question. Do i have to wait until ich is completely gone to get me some more feeder shrimps? I wouldnt think that it would really matter, because they are food anyway, so i didnt really know if it mattered if they contracted ich. Would it matter? Or should i wait to get them too? If fish eat ich, does it hurt the fish, or does it die in their stomach?
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Forget this half dose stuff. Loaches are unaffected by medicine. Normal color, normal activity, normal appetite. I went full dose today. Now tank is very blue. And so is my hand... The medicine splashed on my hand when i was dosing, so i got smurfed. Now it should definitely do its job by end of second bottle. Full dose uses half a bottle, half dose i thought used half but it really didnt. First bottle now isnt completely empty yet.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Trying to decide if i want to water change now, or dose the other bottle and water change tuesday night... Probably dose other bottle. Looks like im starting to win the battle finally! I can only see very small spots, much smaller than what i saw previously, and they are only on 3 of the black neons, and not one other fish in the tank is affected. Which is good, because my QT fish are starting to get angry with me for keeping them cooped up so long...
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 05-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My AC110 sponge is probably very very blue... I dont see where else it can possibly keep going! The blue is completely gone within less than an hour, evrytime. I removed my Nitra-ZORB, my carbon... Ill thats in there is my bio sponge for little filter, and in big filter its just my ceramic rings and my sponge.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yay! Treatment done! Got two more bottles left just in case of another outbreak if i missed any steps. Studied every fish closely to make sure none had any more spots for last week. Lucy the guppy has regrown most of her tail from the ich eating it, then she and her new friend Tequila joined Flash with the bloodfins and ruined both of their tails. :/

Also added the rest of my QT fish now! Finally my male guppy Flash has realized that he has girlfriends! He has impregnated both of them... And then went back to his tetra friends. :/ Well, at least he has them now if he wants them. The new bloodfin tetras were scared to death for a little bit, running around trying to school with the unschooling other bloodfins and then getting horrified when they all get dragged to go meet Petri by the older tetras. They've settled in now and annoyed me by making themselves sparse. Water change tomorrow, ill be able to count them again then.

The last molly that was in QT was added too. He had been getting very aggressive in that small tank with all those other fish. I was worried his aggression would continue here in big tank. It didnt. He is willing to share all of the females with Snip, and Snip is willing to share too. There's probably just too many for one guy! lol. Now i have my giant molly gang complete. 7 f, 2 m.

O, and my seals on the tank are now a very bright cobalt blue. I was waiting for that to show. So yup, it stained. Great.

EDIT: O yea! AND i found my apple snail again. That little tiny guy i bought right before ich got out of control? Yea... Hes huge now! I havent seen him since i put him in, thought maybe he died and got eaten by loaches or something. Pretty sure both pond snails got eaten. Havent seen either of those since i put em in. The second one everybody was attacking instantly, so thats why i definitely assume they were both lunch.
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 05-17-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on finding the snail and curing ich
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    :( Even after a water change my bloodfins never school anymore! Cant get a picture of all 7 together. Did get a few other pics though:

Here is snail with his/her new growth. Remember how the crack thing there on the side of the shell used to be right at the edge of the opening. That makes a great marker as to just how much it has grown.

Lucy (red) wont let me get a good pic of her tail. Its getting much better since it was ruined from the ich. And she has changed a lot! She is now more social (before she hid all day long and wouldnt even come out to eat, waited for a few flakes to come to her), and she is coloring up more too! All because i gave her Tequila (yellow). Both are now pregant because Flash has finally realized who they are for. He is getting a nicer tail too, because he is starting to hang out with these two more and the tetras less. Hes slowly becoming a guppy. :)

The big white molly Great Scott is happy to be in the 75. He was turning vicious in QT, but like i said, he shares with Snip and i havent seen any aggression of any kind since i added him. He even agreed to let snip have 4 ladies while he gets other 3. He now owns Chew (gray), Perdita (top black) and Smudge (white and black middle).

... Nuff said. Bottles dont lie. Seals are now bright blue. Maybe not a cobalt though. I dont know what type of blue specifically this is. Just know its bright blue.
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 05-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think that the blue is fine. It makes the tank looks unique. Glad that all the fish and snails are doing good.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Me too. I was getting worried about some of those black neons there for a bit! Some of them became pretty heavily infested. And then API gets back to me on my email to inform me that the medicine is NOT snail safe, and not to use it. Since i couldnt find my snail i was all worried. But, no deaths. :)
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    :( Out of nowhere and without any warning i found my favorite 1st generation (for me) molly near the loach den hollowed out last night. She was fine when i said goodnight to the fishies friday night and gave some shrimp pellets and algae pellets for the pleco and loaches to eat when i turned off light. Then i fasted all fish yesterday and Penny died. My mom suggests she overate that night devouring the pellets for the loaches and pleco, and then her stomach ruptured, she died, and the loaches ate her. Do you think that is the right answer? And if so is there a way to prevent this from future occurences?
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast