· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Guess what i saw this morning? For the first time since i have ever had my black kuhli loaches... I saw one!! It appears that they have found the previous two's house (my little piece of driftwood) and now all 5 have happily moved in! I saw all their little heads sticking out curiously this morning (really funny looking as they lined the front of the driftwood with faces. XD) and when i dropped in some shrimp pellets in broad daylight they came out!!!! :D :D Im so happy that they like their new home. Ive had 2 of these guys for 3 years, and now that they are 5 its the first ive seen any of them in any sort of light without scaring them out of their house first. Cant even see them in Petsmart. They hide there too.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My store (That Fish Place) had their "second chance" sale today (and tomorrow) so people that missed the anniversary sale could still get some deals. All it was was 30% off inverts, fish, and plants; and 20% off corals, frags, and something else. So, i just emptied my new fish QT again yesterday, so it was time to fill it up with the last round of fish needed to buy. I got:

Buddy is the temporary name of my new fiddler crab. Hes very shy, but he will accept food from a hand. I havent found a good permanent name for him, but i have determined that he is not a Mr. Crabs, Mr. Claws, or a Sebastian. Those are all the names ive gotten so far and they arent working for him.

When i saw this guy in the molly tank i decided i would replace my beloved Marbles. With females, i think i can afford another male to help my remaining one keep track of, lol. My friend Lulu decided this guy's name is Scott. After some ship called The Great Scott. He was labelled Lyretail, but he also looks like he might have some Sailfin in him (input?). And hes pure white! I dont know why, but ive always wanted a pure white male molly. Now i got him.

So funny. These 3 new bloodfins think that they can all fit behind this plant ornament, which is barely big enough for one, let alone all three. They were afraid of me and this big flashy thing i was pointing at them, but i didnt care, i wanted pics!! Now i will have a small school of 7 bloodfins instead of my sad excuse of 4. Eventually as more real estate opens up, bloodfins will be in one giant school of like 20. I will add one for every other fish (other than my mollies, because i love them too) that ever dies, and i can add 8 according to Aquadvisor to equal my goldfish when she leaves me. :D

So thats all i got from TFP, but then i went to Petsmart later on to return the dead tequila sunrise guppy (now abbreviating TSG) they had sold me last sunday. They had 1 female TSG left, so at least it was easy for them to keep track of what they were chasing. She looks exactly like the one before, minus the pine-coned appearance.

Very nice. Since i named the last one Tequila and she died, i named this one Tequila 2, so that i can still keep that same name that i liked so much for her. If you go back to my last set of new fish pics you can compare them and see the exact match. :) That makes me happy, because this is a very pretty color!
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I found my blue apple snail dead last night. :( Other than that, no more deaths, and all fish are healthy now! Its wierd that just Marbles had dropsy or something that made him pine-cone, and its wierd that it killed him in less than 24hrs. But the wierdest thing about it is the coincidence that he got sick and died the same weekend that the sick guppy in QT did! And with the same disease too.. But i cant dwell on that, because so far i think we're good now. Also no deaths in QT this time, and they all have ravenous appetites and amazing speed when i drop in their food! :D Im glad that this Tequila seems to be much better than that last guppy.

That apple snail has been looking horrible for several weeks before i added him to tank, and it didnt help that he was thrown in a tank with no algae and disappeared instantly so i couldnt find him to give him food. Remaining apple snail was caught and put in a separate container to eat some algae wafer. Goldfish and loaches and pleco kept getting wafers so much faster than the snails were. Now ivory snail is happy again. :)

Also, i learned that my crab is secretly a ninja. Turned out the light and stared at the tank with a very dim ambient room light, and then when i saw movement i snapped a pic quick with flash to see and i got this picture of the ninja practicing his moves:

Its wierd. He only ever goes under water at night. Is that normal, crab keepers? Ive had fiddler's before, but i didnt have proper stuff before so they had to stay underwater. My still unnamed ninja here never ever ever leaves his stick, and i havent seen him even go below his tye-dye plant, which if you look at full tank pic, isnt even halfway down the stick.

EDIT: O yea! And Flash has finally met Lucy. When i put her in there he was too busy flirting with his tetras to notice the new addition, and she was afraid of them with all their activity and nipping and everything. In fact, she was afraid of everybody, and hid in the back of the tank for three days, not even coming out to eat, just waiting for the spare flake to float by and grab it. The tetras finally surrounded her (probably seeing what she was and having a plan) and Flash followed them to her, and started to get interested in her and then tetras bolted when he was occupied. XD Now Lucy and Flash are friends.
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 04-30-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got a new apple snail to replace my dead one. This place ive been getting them has such a large collection to choose from, and they always seem so much healthier than the other place i go for all my other fish. I told them to show me the smallest snail they can find (the tank is up so high a cannot see anything in it), and they came up with:

Thats a really small apple snail! I think it might even be smaller than my nerites. That should mean its nice and young for me. :) Except i didnt notice til i got it home this giant tear in the shell. See it? Might cause problems later, or it might fix. I guess time will tell. He/she is really pretty though. I like the red and the stripes. :)

I think its a diffusa. The edges around the spiral are flat shelves. I forget how to tell otherwise. Again, look at how tiny it is!

The reason i originally went to the store was for water conditioner for my betta tank, because i ran out. And also i saw some food that said it was specifically for hermit, fiddler, and carribean (whatever that is) crabs. Perfect! Now i can stop feeding my fiddler snack foods (dried krill). He apparently loves his new food. See?

He loves it so much he hugs it and runs around with it. They say give him one of those a day. I think they might be talking about bigger crabs, because that seems like a little much for a crab his size... Ive only been giving him one dried krill a day, unless the other fish take it from him bc hes an idiot and runs underwater with it, then i give him another. Ill see if he eats it all i guess.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Although your tastes differ strongly from mine, I love your journal!!!
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks! Yea this tank is much more natural-looking than old ones, but still far from it. I guess part of me just doesnt want to completely change themes yet. So i have half tank wood and plants and rocks, and other half unnatural awesomeness! XD I do like the look of all the natural tanks i see here though. I made my betta tank natural.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Huh. i dont know what Lucy was doing down that low, but she is covered in sand. Its all sticking to her back and sides... I know its not ich, it cant be, because no other fish have/had any signs of ich, and temp of tank is always at 82. Maybe she got too close to Petri when he was spitting sand everywhere and got sprinkled. Thats possible, Petri has sand halfway up tank in the plants, and covering the ship. I dumped in some PreventIch and salt just in case im wrong though.

Ive noticed last few days that my newbies must all be happy now! The black neons are no longer schooling at all. In fact they are wierdly evenly distributed throughout the tank, lol. And Lucy is finally turning black in her back end, the way she's supposed to be. Shes a red tuxedo guppy, but was previously all the front color. Now that shes sanded she is bright. Also she is now copying Flash and hanging out with the bloodfins. :/ So her tail matches Flash's. Ruined. She was supposed to make Flash LEAVE the bloodfins, not join him there!
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Apparently it is not sand and a good amount of fish have ich or something like that. It looks like sand, as said before. Ive been raising temp a little higher, added some more salt (adding 2T a day to a 75gal)... Lucy looks like most of hers have fallen off. Now she only has like maybe 6 little tiny white dots on her. The goldfish, pleco, loaches (from what i can see), mollies, gouramis, and other guppy are fine. The bloodfins it looks like only one has the spots, rest look fine. And two or three of the black neons i now noticed have 1-4 spots on them. So i guess thats really actually not that many... I dont know. Maybe it is actually sand. Havent seen them flashing, and they are all acting normal. Anybody have input? Sand or ich? Ill keep treating in my triple treatment procedure here for now til i know for sure.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yay! either i have the fastest known treatment procedures and i killed those buggers dead in two days, or it wasnt ich. I used a salt bath today on the guppy because she was worst of all of affected fish. Others were clean when i checked them today. Poor guppy has a very destroyed tail now, probably from all the flashing i finally noticed them doing last night, and the odd bouts of aggression that followed that made all the tetras atack eachother (and guppies that are in their school). Poor girl, at least she matches her boyfriend now... Hers should heal. Water change tomorrow to remove all medicine and salt.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would continue to treat with salt for a couple more weeks just be to sure. Remember the Ich parasites are only on the fish for a short period of time. You need to continue treating for at least 2 weeks after it is all gone just to be sure to kill it all. By the sounds of things you did/do still have ich.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast