· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Are they eating?

0 Not allowed!
    I got two ADFs about a week ago, but I've yet to see them eat. I have a small dish in the corner that I put their food in (frog/tadpole pellets) most of the food seems to be gone within a few hours or by the next day but I'm not 100% sure if its them eating it. They seem to be ok, though a bit skinny compared to other peoples I've seen on here.
    I know their fairly active as every time I come by the tank they're somewhere else, or I watch them take off and hide when I get close. Is this normal for them?
    Basicly any tips would be great. Currently I have them in with my betta and ghost shrimp (5.5g)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Either they are eating their food or the betta is. Nice looking tank by the way. Keep an eye out on the betta and see if hes getting fat while the frogs are getting skinny. If so, you might have to move the ADF's somewhere else. If not, then they might just be skinnier frogs. I have 2 as well. Sunny, my oldest, eats and eats and eats, but maintains her feminine figure. Spectre however, eats four pellets and blows up like a balloon and stays that way for a while.

As to the running away all the time... New frogs do that, i think its normal. These guys are super fast and love to swim. Fun to watch. Once they get settled in and used to their new surroundings and tankmates, u will see them much more. Spectre hid in a log when i first got him for about a month, only coming out to grab food occasionally.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    I would try target feeding the frogs. Its pretty unlikely they are getting much, if at all. Their eyesight is terrible, and they aren't the best radar locators of food.

To target feed you'll need a 10 or 12 inch set of feeding tongs you can get in the lizard department of pet stores. Try bloodworms, that is their absolute favorite! I prefer frozen and thawed. Take a pinch and hold it right in front of their little muzzle. IT will take a bit for them to catch on, but have patience! They will snare it right from the tongs.

This will ensure everyone gets fed. Many ADF's will NOT eat pellets.