· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default eclipse cat fish ?

0 Not allowed!
    hello everyone two days ago i bought a eclipse catfish from petsmart , petsmart claims they do not get over 6inches mine is about 4 inches and i wanted to know what do they eat besides shrimp pellets and does anyone know anything about them i googled and couldnt find anything about them thank you for your time

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

3. Smile hello

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crushingmyself
    hello everyone two days ago i bought a eclipse catfish from petsmart , petsmart claims they do not get over 6inches mine is about 4 inches and i wanted to know what do they eat besides shrimp pellets and does anyone know anything about them i googled and couldnt find anything about them thank you for your time
    not too many people seem to know anything about these fish, I've been doing some research because I also purchased one from petsmart about 3 months ago. I've seen him eat a feeder fish, tubeworm cubes and a few flakes here and there. I've noticed they are kinda shy, mine stays in one of my caves. He does come out at night often, kinda like a pleco. Anything else I can help out with I will glady.
    Thanks,
    Irene White

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i picked on up from petsmart as well. My guy tends to hide in the back, but theres a log i put in for him when he was smaller, and he'll hide in there when frightened, ex, when i was trying to remove a few fish for my other tank. I think he may have hurt himself. he likes to hang out around the heater. he is about 6 inches. he also likes these algae wafers i got.

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    Look up sun catfish and see if that is what you have. If so they get bigger that six inches. Here is a link to a pic http://scienceblogs.com/strangerfrui...un_catfish.jpg
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    this your fish?
    http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Catfish,%20Sun.htm

If so, its a biggun, possibly 18+"
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they get big. petsmart, while they sometimes have rare fish, don't know anything about the fish. a worker at the one near me told someone that an oscar would get along with a black moor in a 35 gallon! idiots, most of them. pretty fish though, may see about one once i get more space for more tanks.

75 gallon freshwater, 1 pleco, 1 pumkinseed hybrid sunfish, 1 crayfish, 1 sengal bichir,1 convict cichlid.
    45 gallon-ball python-20 gallon-honduran milk snake. 35 gallon-black rat snake
    10 gallon-black rat snake
    90 gallon reef tank
    10 gallon, 2 darters, 2 cory cats
    come over and count all the scales at my house some time!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not to beat a dead horse but the people at Petsmat know nothing about fish. I am not an expert at all and some of the comments from the people that work there are amazing (not in a good way) They do have a good selection of fish and supplies though.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the ecilpse has several different names it goes by, sun catfish, spotted gold Thai catfish, and Günther’s catfish, solar catfish, eclipse catfish, bullseye catfish, golden red-tail catfish, and Horabagrus brachysoma. They get larger than 6" and are extremely shy fish although mine seems to stay out of hiding spots throughout most of the day and night. My eclipse is around 8" and heals very quick, my bullhead loves fighting with it on a daily basis but a few days later all scrapes on its sides are gone. Awesome fish but very skittish.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have one that is 6 yrs old and is 8 inches long ,but have seen them 14 inches long.The burmese sun cat will eat practically anything ,even small fish.petsmart is not accurate about anything having to do with the correct size of adult fish or what fish to put them with.