· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your breeding woes Kurly! At least they haven't stopped completely, hopefully they will get it right soon! I had some fry hatch in my tank, but I'm pretty sure they have been eaten up already. :(
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

0 Not allowed!
    Kurly, on day one of the add; they both explored the tank cautiously like a married couple from a small rural town, suddenly plopped down into NYC. They swam about looking over everything.

Day 2, they had staked out a couple areas of territory for their own.
    Day 3, they took over the bottom right front corner, where a bubble wall and piece of flat stone lie. To the right of that, is where Marcus made his crater.
    I honestly thought they'd take over the driftwood cave on the left, but they didn't
    And now about a week later, they kind of stay in their territory, until feeding time. Which is a pain now, cause they still don't assert themselves when it comes to food. They come up, but it's timidly.

And today, waiting on Maria to finish getting ready to lay eggs. She's got the color, attitude, just not venting.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bignellm.....Are they in the new tank alone?

Thanks kattiq If it weren't for the support from my AC friends I would have threw my hands up in defeat a long time ago. Nice to hear that you had fry. Sorry to hear that they were gobbled up
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

0 Not allowed!
    @ Kurly, Nope--they're in there with all the South American Community Stock. Gets kinda busy in there at times, but they got the nice coloration of comfort so far. Going to probably do a w/c with slightly lower water temp to simulate rain soon. To see if cannot spark them into egg laying mode.

5. Default Same Story... Different Day

0 Not allowed!
    Here to report that eggs are on the rock again as of yesterday. Still wondering if the male is fertilizing them or not. I really wish I could see female lay eggs so I would be able to see whether or not the male is going behind her to do his "thing" but it always happens in the night when I'm in Zland. Plus since they have been moved from the main tank they are in a room that I don't spend a lot of time in. Just a couple hours a day to let them know that they aren't forgotten.

Haven't had any dreams of baby fishies so I guess I'll be back to report the same thing in a few days...eggs are gone.

Can't get mad at her, she's really trying!

0 Not allowed!
    They'll get to the next level soon. Mine's in kinda suffering newness shock of the new tank atm. She's all colored up, he's all colored up, but so far no eggs.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I looked in the tank a little while ago and saw the rock was clean. I thought, oh well, they ate the eggs again. As I was walking away, I noticed that the Mama Ram was still looking as if she was guarding something so I looked at little closer and see that she moved a small cluster of eggs from the rock and placed them on the sand. They haven't dug any pits in the substrate to move them to but at least this is something different this time.

I'm guessing that this shows some progress. Maybe they are closer to getting it right

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like they are trying something different, maybe dad will be better at doing his job on the substrate?
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurly

I'm guessing that this shows some progress. Maybe they are closer to getting it right

AHH!!! They moved to level two!!! Good to hear, now am jealous.. very jealous!

10. Talking I've got WRIGGLERS!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I took another look at the eggs on the sand as I was feeding my Rams and I noticed the eggs moving around!!!! Yep, I said it.... mooooving around!!!! Looks like wrigglers to me I called my son and hubby in to verify what I was seeing and they see movement as well! We were all face planted to the glass and startled the mama so I made everyone leave the room to give her some peace.

It's a small clutch of them, mabye around 25 or so. Gonna keep my eye on them now to see what develops

She's guarding them solo. Papa Ram is hanging out with the other three. I thought he would be in the area around the wrigglers with her?
    Last edited by kurly; 05-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast