· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Liverock diagnosis anyone???

0 Not allowed!
    Hello people, its me again.
    this time just wanted to post pictures of my liverock and other rarities i noticed in my tank on the site....see what diagnosis i get and what can be done...and generally keep my enthusiasm alive.

Parameters are all good
    PH 8.2
    Ammonia 0.2 (did a 30% water change)
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0.1
    Salinity 1.024(I make salinity checks using the long vertical deepsix hydrometer).

everythings been normal in my tank for the past one month(after i lost my clown).Yellow clown goby is been okay and eating perfectly but noticed some changes on my Liverock...so here are some pictures, lets see if it's okay or there might be complications
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I see algae starting.Depends on what kind it is on whether its a nightmare or simple irritation.

0 Not allowed!
    Raising your salinity to around 1.025 to 1.026 will help keep the trace elements in line which will also help to keep algae in check. It helps your coraline algae grow which can out-compete other nasty types of algae once you have a lot of coraline growth.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    If you still have ammonia, you are still cycling your tank...so you will be running thru the normal start up stages of a new saltwater tank...and that does include algae...a few different kinds.

Time and good maintenance will help everything run its course!
    20gal long planted community

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Funny thing about that. I saw no green algae til my tank started to mature.

6. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you people.

Will increase salinity in Tank to 1.025 like Cliff suggested, will scrub off algae growing on tank wall, will keep up water changes to once a week and maintain water quality.

Was thinking about adding a bottom feeder or two(hermit and cleaner shrimp) and later add a new clown...but wanted the tank to mature and be at least stable before doing that.

What do you guys think?

0 Not allowed!
    Once you have 0 ammonia and nitrites, I would start stocking some of your CUC and maybe a fish or two. Without a bioload in the tank, it will not start to mature.

Be careful cleaning stuff off of your rocks. You would be at risk of harming the beneficial bacteria that is in the rock providing your bio filtration. I would personally recommend that you do not clean off your rocks at all
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff...noted.

But how do i get to know all these terms and abbreviations used in this hobby??

for example CUC, BB etc....any resources online on the site???

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    At times i do wonder if the test kits i use would give me an appropriate reading.

It's the tube model and testing is liquid.
    The brand is called PRODAC and here in spain, it's very popular and common.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tunbos1
    Thanks Cliff...noted.

But how do i get to know all these terms and abbreviations used in this hobby??

for example CUC, BB etc....any resources online on the site???
    The below thread contained some of the more common ones you will find here

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=20761

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast