· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to feed my corydoras?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I have read some other threads and they say WHAT to feed, but the thing is my danios and tetras eat all the stuff before it has sunk to the bottom or they eat it off the bottom. There never seems enough for my corys. I have used those Tetra sinking tabs of veggie algea as well and the fish pick and pick at them til it is pretty much gone.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    AND those algea wafers cloud the water!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Have you tried feeding the corys about an hour after lights out? As far as the wafers clouding the water, I would try a different brand of wafer. Hikari makes a good one that is widely available.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, ok. I will try that. Do the danios and tetras not see so good in the dark? I know the corys find food by touch......

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The danios and tetras kind of go to sleep after the lights are out. The corys will find it if they are hungry.

How many corys do you have?
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

0 Not allowed!
    I only have two but I am getting another. I only have 20 gallon so don't want to overstock. I have 5 danios and 3 tetras. (and the two corys)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would only give them one wafer per feeding then.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Another thing to try is putting some flake in for your tetras and then drop in a sinking pellet for your corys, this means they might have the time they need to get to the pellet. I would say get another 4 corys, they do very good in schools of 6+
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Corydoras are mostly carnivorious so algae wafers are not a good staple food for them. They do eat SOME vegetation/algae, but their main food source should be meat-based. Some kind of shrimp pellet will be appreciated. Distract your tetras on one end of the tank with some flake food while dropping a shrimp pellet into the other end of the tank for the corydoras.
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

"Mbuna Tank" 75g - Ps. saulosi, I. sprengerae, M. pulpican, M. joanjohnsonae

"Time Out Tank" 29g - dominant male Cynotilapia sp. "hara"

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ditto on nikelodeon's reply: Mine do well on shrimp pellets. Corys will eat a lot, but they don't eat any of the algae in my tank. They do eat some of my guppy's leftover food, which is veggie-based, and I also feed them frozen bloodworms and freeze-dried tubifex, though it doesn't sink very easily, and they definitely prefer the bloodworms. I also have some sinking wafers meant for bottom feeders like loaches, and they seem to take to those (I think they're made by Aqueon, and they don't break apart, but I can't find them to tell you exactly what they are). I hope that helps!
    I know what I'm doing, in theory.
    Begun 06.2011 - 10 gallon
    3 Green Corydoras aeneus, 1 Gambusia affinis, Anubias barteri, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Nymphoides aquatica, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Alternanthera reineckii "roseafolia", Echinodorus parviflorus "Tropica", Ludwigia Ovalis
    3 dogs, 3 cats, wild birds, lots of plants
    Begun 10.2011 - 3 gallon
    L. brasiliensis, H. leucocephala, 6 G. affinis, pond snails