· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Eggs are gone :( However, Mom is still ferociously guarding an area next to the rock the eggs we're on. Is it possible they all hatched at the same time. When I woke up this morning the eggs we're still there, now two hours later they're gone. The tank is densely planted so it's hard to see any wigglers or not.

0 Not allowed!
    Either the eggs have been eaten or the Rams have moved the wigglers to the area in the substrate where Mom is ferociously guarding...

Keep us posted on what you see
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hope all goes well.. hay if your trying to breed them are they in a species tank? it might help the odds

your pair may just not get it right the first,second or even 3'd time around.

0 Not allowed!
    Do we have fry? Update please!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We are on our 3rd batch that have made it past wigglers and into free swimming. We have been losing them about a week into it :( . The first time dad ate the good majority so the second time we had them isolated by themselves once they were free swimming. The second time I think the ghost shrimp (the only things with them) snacked on them. Our third batch is at the wiggler stage now. We are getting ready to move them into nursery tank. We feed them the little bites food and frozen baby brine shrimp. It's a planted tank and all specs are great. Let's hope getting the ghost shrimp out will take care of the issue. I can't get on very often, I'm back in school and am struggling with some health problems, I will give updates as often as I can :)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh. We do have two breeding females now :) and a male that will go back and fourth between the two! So if we can successfully get the fry raised we can definately produce some good looking babies :)

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations and good luck with your baby rams!

8. Default my bolivian and eggs

0 Not allowed!
    My rams are also laying eggs, just found them on Saturday when I was trying to figure out why they are being so aggressive. Now after 2 days they moved the eggs into one of the many holes they dug around the rock. They are digging so much that I'm afraid they'll uproot my plants.

Any advice? Should I remove most of the young once they become free swimming? I'm sure my tetras will gobble them up if they are just floating around.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We have tried a few things to get successful babies. I would for sure remove any tetras. The parents (the mom especially, at least in our case) will defend the fry but if there are too many other fish she won't be able to. We have left hatchetfish in ours and have never had an issue with them. We keep otos as our cleanup, the mom killed the snails we had in there. Also be sure to feed the babies OFTEN, with some kind of brine shrimp (we also use baby bites), we lost about 3 batches because we weren't feeding them enough. Now we feed about 5 times a day and they are a couple weeks old :) Good luck!!