· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you needed a comfort fish... :-) Cheer up. Things will get better soon. - lotus flower   For your studies :D - CassieLEO   Have a bunny!  Be cautious if you get another  ;-) - 850R   850R said you need another bunny. - gadget228   Awww.. Your bunnies are now parents :-) - 850R   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Fisharefriends27   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fisharefriends27   

Cool terrarium upgrade

0 Not allowed!
    okay i have a 2.5 and 5.5 gallon. there is this fern that was in the 2.5g. it had some gravel and a plastic cup with dirt and the fern. kinda ugly. my mom was getting sick of it. today i decided to set it up in the 5.5g in a better set up. the tank needs to be very humid so it has all of these watermarks and stuff. plus i didnt clean it very well before it was set up. i added a plastic top from a bin to keep it humid. with the light on the cover it looks blue because of it. heres some pics.

full tank shot notice the marks that block the ability to see the fern lol

left side

middle

right side still can hardly see the fern

more pics coming
    Last edited by Fisharefriends27; 02-08-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    The harley man......no not the motorcycle, harlequin rasboras
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you needed a comfort fish... :-) Cheer up. Things will get better soon. - lotus flower   For your studies :D - CassieLEO   Have a bunny!  Be cautious if you get another  ;-) - 850R   850R said you need another bunny. - gadget228   Awww.. Your bunnies are now parents :-) - 850R   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Fisharefriends27   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fisharefriends27   

0 Not allowed!
    veiw from above

veiw from above#2

the blue look(excuse the mark thing, it comes back when i wipe it off)

my pet lizzard(dont worry its plastic lol)

any ideas or comments?
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default ??????????

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not kidding , I just found a dragonfly(not a misquitoe, maybe not a dragonfly, but it looks like one)! I went to the tank and I was in the corner. I don't know how it got there. It'll just die after a few days without food right? Or will it eat the plant? If it's still there after school I'll get a pic.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - gadget228   Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Is that a real plant? it looks plastic to me... and more like a hygro species not a fern. Also, dragonflies are carnivorous I think, so it wont eat your plant.

You can use vinegar to clean off the hard water stains.
    Last edited by Aeonflame; 02-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The hygro plant thing is a plastic plant, the fern is live and you can't really see it too well. The dragonfly is dead now, so I don't need to worry about that.

I don't know if you'll be able to see it, but look At the last pic in the very first post(4th pic out of 8) it says right side still can.... Look very closely. That thing that looks brown (and was) is the fern. Trichomanes javanicum Im pretty sure it is. It looks better than when the pics were taken.

I know vinegar has like saved my life lol. I cleaned it a little bit, but not as good as I normally do. It looks like it's gone for the most part anyway, but the tank sides will always have water drops on it because of the humidity.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11