· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Glad you are able to pick up another tank and looking foward to seeing how everything turns out.

Pet Solutions has Aquaclear Filters and other things on sale such as heaters etc. They also have free shipping on orders over $49 which can save you quite a bit.

http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquari...edium=email&ut m_term=02072012&utm_campaign=Fish-02-07-12[/URL]
    Last edited by kurly; 02-11-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally got some extra money to play with so i ordered my API test kit. I want to test my tap water and see what kind of water i have. I also ordered couple precut sheets of acrylic to section off my QT aquarium and a Novus scratch kit. Should be getting tax refund thursday so hoping to order all the other stuff on my list this week. Cant Wait!!!!
    Link to my Journal: patinthehat's 50g journey
    50g-11 neon tetras, 749 billion pond snails, 3 Bristlenose Plecos, Red Cherry Shrimp, and assassin snails on the way!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally got my tax return in so i went on a spending spree!

Ordered my new lighting off of ebay here. I plan on replacing the Actinic bulb with the Pink Roseate bulb that is for freshwater plants.

I ordered most of my other stuff from Dr Foster and Smith. They are having a big sale with free shipping. I ordered 2 FLuval 206's, 2 Jager Heaters (one for 50g and one for QT), Aqueon 50ft Water Changer, AquaClear Power Filters 50 for QT and then some little odds and ends. Cant beat all of that for free shipping. It originally said 21.99 for next day shipping and i was like hey why not. Then i put in my zip code and it updated my cart total and next day shipping was like 179. So free shipping it is! My Novus repair kit should come in this evening while we are at dinner, so when i get home i plan on starting the acrylic tank and seeing how well those scratches come out. So hopefully sometime next week I can start cycling my QT tank!
    50g-11 neon tetras, 749 billion pond snails, 3 Bristlenose Plecos, Red Cherry Shrimp, and assassin snails on the way!

4. Default Update!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Got one of my orders in from foster and smith yesterday. So i put my aquarium on the stand and filled it with water so i could level it and see how it sits and reacts to walking/jumping around it. seems pretty stable so that is good. I got my fluval 206's put together. pretty easy. first time putting lid on is kinda rough. gotta shove one side down to get it to seat right. We are headed to petco today to get Eco complete and a couple other things. I bought a nice piece of driftwood off of aquabid and i think i might have found a nice little low light plant package on their as well. also bought my light off ebay but they have yet to ship it. not sure why. so i am almost to the point where i am ready to start cycling my tank! on a side note i did find someone selling 2 10g aquariums for sale for $10 each so i picked those up. but the wife gave me permission so its ok! I am going to do a beta tank in my daughters room. so you try and start out with one tank and end up with 3.....

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat
    so you try and start out with one tank and end up with 3.....
    Welcome to the hobby

That's what usually happens to hobbyists, you get bitten by the Multiple Tank Syndrome bug and it's all downhill from there (as my mom would say). Can't wait to see everything setup.
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanisHawttt
    Welcome to the hobby

That's what usually happens to hobbyists, you get bitten by the Multiple Tank Syndrome bug and it's all downhill from there (as my mom would say). Can't wait to see everything setup.

Thanks. I did get bit by that bug. hard lol.

Things are coming along. Made a trip to petco today. Found out that they don't stock Eco Complete in store. I called around and no one in town stocks it. So i ordered 5 bags from Petco. They have it for 15.99 this weekend with free shipping. Cant really beat that. I did buy an air pump and a background. I got the background up today and hooked up the filters and heater. Tomorrow i am going to go look at some slate to build some caves and such. will get some pics up later with the background on.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am off to get ammonia today to start my cycle! My susbstrate will be here today along with my light, and new bulbs. Still waiting on my driftwood and i need to order my plants off aquabid. pretty excited!!!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I forget, did you use that Novus kit on your tank yet? I'm anxious to see the "after" pics.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat
    I am off to get ammonia today to start my cycle! My susbstrate will be here today along with my light, and new bulbs. Still waiting on my driftwood and i need to order my plants off aquabid. pretty excited!!!
    Awesome! What type of lighting did you end up getting? I am looking to get one for my plants that I might get getting off AB too. Have fun!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Phil
    I forget, did you use that Novus kit on your tank yet? I'm anxious to see the "after" pics.
    I did. Although i'm not entirely sure i did it 100% correctly. It got a little better but it isn't crystal clear. honestly i would think the sand paper kits would work better. the novus kit is just thick polish that you buff in and it is suppose to fill the scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by kattiq
    Awesome! What type of lighting did you end up getting? I am looking to get one for my plants that I might get getting off AB too. Have fun!
    I bought my light off of ebay here. got it in today and it didn't come with any instructions on how to put it together. i guess once you do one of these, they are easy but i had to fiddle with it but i got it together and I am thoroughly pleased. I did replace the Actinic bulb with a freshwater plant bulb though.