· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

Default Ideas for my community stock..

0 Not allowed!
    Well this week I'm moving to my 100 gallon. After the move and more plants are added aswell as the fish are settled in (maybe a weak-month after?) i'm thinking of having when i do start looking for new fish (aswell as adding to the current schools) maybe a school of Harlequin rasbora, not sure if anyone else can suggest any other ideas? I would like a medium sized center piece fish.

Currently have:
    Angel Fish
    Golden wonder panchax
    Micky mouse/sunset platies
    Female Kribensis
    Dwarf rainbow fish
    Black phantom/neon tetra
    Syndontis E.

P.S I also know some people wouldnt reccomend some of my stock together in the same tank like angel fish, killie fish with neons aswell as angel fish and kribensis but i havent seen any signs of distress betweem the fish.

100 gallon dirt planted tank
    120 gallon - in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   cheers - Northernguy   This should help to clean up the coffee - Thanks for the rep as well - Cliff   A morning like this requires HOT Coffee! - 850R   thanks for the rep! - sheamurai   
    Autism - Fishin Phil   

0 Not allowed!
    How many dwarf rainbows do you have now?
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    7 neon rainbow fish.
    120 gallon - in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   cheers - Northernguy   This should help to clean up the coffee - Thanks for the rep as well - Cliff   A morning like this requires HOT Coffee! - 850R   thanks for the rep! - sheamurai   
    Autism - Fishin Phil   

0 Not allowed!
    That's a decent size school already, although you could bump it up to 10.

Still thinking on Centerpiece.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Autism - Fishin Phil   

0 Not allowed!
    How about an Acara?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I thought so, im going to bump up the tetra school really and get a few more killie's aswell as platies. My 50p sized angel and extremely small veil angel are fine as they are, i should have enough room for maybe a center piece fish and another school of fish, i do like rasboras but im not sure!

Ive read up on kribensis but would like some people opinions of keeping them in groups etc, I dont know weather to get my female a male or keep her alone.
    120 gallon - in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Ive looked them up before but I actually wonder if i would get them in my city.
    120 gallon - in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For a pond in your backyard! - Pleco380   GO TIGERS!! - Crispy   Got your shortstop player right here, for your team. Blue Ram ;D - bignellm   Cheers for helping with my pics! and heres a firemouth cause I love em!! - ScottishFish   Ballpark frank anybody? - homemadepopcorn   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MLBfan   

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    Well as far as centerpiece fish, have you thought about a school of silver dollars, those may work well, but also Angels could make a nice centerpiece. As far as kribs are concerned, they are one of the few cichlids that can work in just a pair, but they could also work in a group, however, they can be territorial when breeding.

Also just a thought, a Pleco may be a good centerpiece. , but in a big 100 gallon tank, a centerpiece fish is a matter of personal preference, do you like cichlids? Charchins? Do you have a type of fish you prefer?
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the input MLB!

I have thought about silver dollars, I saw someones thread where they just had silver dollars and they are nice but i would like a species tank of these so I think i would miss these out in my 100G..but its a option im considering! You are right angels are a center piece fish but one of mine is a veil with big fins but its body hasnt grown since it was a baby :( dont know why till this day, its buddy is normal size though..i would say in the middle of 2-3 inches in body size. Okay, so im just wondering should i leave the female krib alone? Or is it a shoot or miss adding more males/females and I read up they like to dominate a square foot when breeding so i wouldnt really want that. Im not really fond of plecos as i have two syno cats already! I do like cichlids, but havent really explored only with the two ive currently got..I dont prefer or not prefer any fish really i love them all!

I do like the blue Acara and was thinking of a Red Devil but i read somewhere they dont actually even exist in the wild and where "man made"
    120 gallon - in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For a pond in your backyard! - Pleco380   GO TIGERS!! - Crispy   Got your shortstop player right here, for your team. Blue Ram ;D - bignellm   Cheers for helping with my pics! and heres a firemouth cause I love em!! - ScottishFish   Ballpark frank anybody? - homemadepopcorn   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MLBfan   

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    If by red devil you mean these, then they are too aggressive for your fish. However blue acaras may work for your aquarium, although the may eat your neons or possibly platys, have you looked at demon eartheaters, despite there name (and size) they are relatively peacefuland you could probably have two in your tank.

As far as kribs are concerned, they may take up some room while breeding, but it will probably be on the ground, and they are otherwise peaceful

Hope this helps!
    American League Champions! TIGERS!