· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would only get 1 assassin. I had a HUGE infestation of snails (100s if not thousands) and after only a month or 2 my 1 assassin snail has eaten them all. I am now wondering how I am going to feed him.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh.. Good to know! I might get like 2 just in case one dies or something.. Haha
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I got some more fish today. Picked up a female betta (she is under close inspection for aggressive behavior- if she does get mean I have a 5g I can put her in.) And 7 neon tetras! So far so good, everyone is flowing together nicely!
    I also got some frogbit I am trying to grow- had to make a barrier out of straws to keep it from being messed up by the filter flow. Got it for 2 dollars on a free shipping weekend!

I also have 2 assassin snails on order, I keep having to pick out more and more snails, they took forever to show up and now they are constantly popping up everywhere! GRR!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would stop picking the snails out. The assassins will have them all gone within a month. I have never seen mine eat one but they started to disapear after I got mine.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah. They'll need the food I'm sure. After the lights went out even more came out of the shadows and were slugging across the glass. I'm still dumbfounded at their reproduction rate.. Lol
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with ldoerr... leave all those snails in the tank so the assassins will have plenty of food to eat. You'll be amazed at how the assassins are able to eliminate all those pesty snails!
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So fantastic news! My assassins came in today. At first I was afraid they had died because I had let them acclimate to the water while I was at work, and when I came home they still hadn't moved! Thankfully, as soon as I set them down at the bottom of the tank, they didn't hesitate to start exploring.
    Nor did this one hesitate to go and eyeball a tasty meal. :D

And there's some other great news as well! I was cleaning out one of my filters yesterday, and there just so happened to be a little shrimp in there! I was so excited, but I also felt really bad for the little guy cause not only did he get sucked up into a filter, he also was all alone. :( Now he's just chillin' out in my driftwood. I'm very surprised my gourami hadn't gotten him because as soon as I put him in there yesterday he went after him!

So far so good with my female betta, Maria. She seems to be doing just fine and most of the fish ignore her. But I've barely seen her try and chase or nip any of the little guys so hopefully it'll stay that way.
    Here she is along with two neon tetras. :)

I also got some frogbit from a guy off AB, it seems to be doing quite well. I had a problem at first with it being pounded on by my filter, but I quickly googled a solution on how to keep it all contained! I just used four straws and inserted them into one another to make a somewhat of a square. You can also do it with tubing but I figured I'd rather use that for something else later & straws are cheaper and easier to replace!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

0 Not allowed!
    Ingenious! getting much frogbit for my 166, how do you like it?
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know right!? I would have never thought of that. I like it so far, I haven't had it in there for too long yet but the stems are growing more now and expanding. I've heard it one of the better floating plants cause it doesn't overrun your tank if you keep it trimmed up. It has a much more cleaner look to it.
    Now I've just got to make a diffuser for my filters, my poor betta keeps getting swept away in the currents!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...looking good! Good luck with the snails!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast