· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well i bought a beginner low light plant package from here. the tall skinny plants died but all the others are doing good. especially the anacharis. i keep having to cut them and replant the pieces i cut off. those would be a good one to get for the background. with just the eco complete, they grow probably 6" in a week easy. That lady was really nice too. i ordered those plants the same week that the tornados came through, and she hand wrote me a note saying that she hoped that me and my family were safe, etc. and the price seems very fair. just a warning though, i got a few snail hitch hikers off her plants lol. so if you dont want any snails, make sure to wash em good.
    Link to my Journal: patinthehat's 50g journey
    50g-11 neon tetras, 749 billion pond snails, 3 Bristlenose Plecos, Red Cherry Shrimp, and assassin snails on the way!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, those look like good plants. I found some off aquabid that were a little cheaper so I'll just have to see! That was really nice of her though, customer service like that is hard to find now days! I'm alright with maybe a snail or two if they come by accident-- but before any plants go in I'm definitely going to wash them good!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i bought one of her plants on aquabid before i realized she had an actual website. so i bought em both lol.
    50g-11 neon tetras, 749 billion pond snails, 3 Bristlenose Plecos, Red Cherry Shrimp, and assassin snails on the way!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really want to buy plants now! But I am definitely dreading trying to scoop out all the gravel from the tank. It's going to be so tedious! However, I am very glad it's bigger pieces instead of sand or something like that. Eco complete doesn't get sucked up into the gravel vacuum does it? It just looks a lot finer than what I have right now. Almost like dirt!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    heres the good part about eco complete. you dont have to vacuum it like you do gravel! the finer particles will settle on the bottom with the larger particles on top. your bottom feeders will keep a lot of it clean and what they dont get gets broke down into the eco complete for nutrition. every once in awhile i just stir up the eco complete to get the stuff on top to float around and get caught by the filter. other than that it is low maintenance!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, well if that isn't like the perfect substrate ever. Has it elevated your pH any? I read somewhere that it can.
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have not heard that but that would explain my higher ph levels.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could pose a problem for my fish since they prefer more acidic waters. My pH is already at 7.0-7.2, so hopefully it won't raise it up much higher!
    Last edited by kattiq; 03-19-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah my ph stays around 7.6 even though my tap water is 7.0. but my fish dont have a problem. i asked about it and it seems the consensus is stable over trying to make it correct.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Pat yeah my tank water is a little bit higher than the tap, so hopefully it won't go much higher!

As for the tank, I ordered New Life Spectrum several days ago and it should be coming today! Along with the new bulb I ordered. :) I sort of bought the wrong bulb at first and couldn't get a cancelation, so I have to refuse the package and hope I get my money back!I miss my Amazon Prime though, I could have gotten everything in two days!
    Also my new AquaClear 50 filter, acclimation kit, sponge filter, and fertilizers are coming today from Foster & Smith.
    My Eco complete hasn't shipped yet and I have a bunch of plants (Ludwig & Wisteria) coming soon after from a lovely forum member here. Also on the waiting list for some purple cabomba.

I can't wait to get in there and change everything!
    ڠ Kat's 29g Adventure ڠ
    29g FW Planted Community

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast