· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Jacko's shrimp rack Build Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone... haven't really been on the forum lately but since it's summer I've got more free time for myself.

One of the uses for this time is my new shrimp rack... Went to Lowes yesterday to get lumber and saw this easy to build and assemble rack system with a 1,000 lb weight limit per shelf, plenty for my purposes.

I could potentially have 12 10 gallon tanks on there but that seems like too many right now, could change down the road but I think I'll start with 8 10 gallons... it's perfect for my vivariums too.

All the tanks will be 10 gallons, might put a 20 long on the very top if I think the stand will hold it after I get everything up and running

Current plans are:
    1.)Tangerine Tiger and Painted Fire Red
    2.)Tangerine Tiger and Fire Blue
    3.)Orange Eyed Blue Tiger
    4.)Crystal Red/Black Shrimp
    5.)Sakura/Rili shrimp
    6.)Cardinal and Goldflake shrimp
    7.)Blue Bee and yellow shrimp
    8.)Harliquan shrimp

I'm still deciding whether to scrap #7 and #8 and put in more vivs

Lemme know what you think! I'll be posting up the tanks as they get setup, they're not gonna be spectacular since they're for breeding purposes mainly, but I'll try and make them look pretty

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Makes my setup look ghetto
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking set-up
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    From the look of it, I'd say a 1,000 lbs total weight limit for all the shelves excluding the top most which is not used; not a 1,000 lbs PER shelf. If they say a total of 1,000 lbs you are smart to limit it to eight tanks - gives you a lot of safety.

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Should be nice setup. Good luck.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's definitely 1000 lbs per shelf (of evenly distributed weight). My wire rack system which is only held up by little rubber stoppers and plastic pieces that fit into tiny grooves on the poles can hold up to 350 per shelf. Have 5 almost full 10 gallon tanks on it and it's been holding no problem. That shelf is definitely going to hold a lot more than mine.

Got any pictures of your tincs Jacko?

0 Not allowed!
    IMO you should set up more vivs.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good Alex! And I've yet to see a tank of yours that isn't spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also agree with more vivs. That top shelf is just screaming for two more vertical conversions

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSchein89
    Also agree with more vivs. That top shelf is just screaming for two more vertical conversions
    +2 A PDF tank would be cool
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

My 55g community tank
    API test kit expiration dates
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheWil...49508741772536