· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Air Pump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    You can place your airpump below the tank, all mine are. I have a 1 way valve (anti-syphon valve) on the airline that allows the air to flow in 1 direction and will not allow a syphon effect. They are about $1.00...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your a quick learner - Strider199   You are off to a good start. - Fishin Phil   A girlfrienf for Lewis, lol - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well I'm sending back the Rena 200. After a while it would just vibrate really bad. I'm going to take bignellm's advice and go for a fusion that can tolerate more gallons than needed. I think my little bubble wall is too much for the air pumps I have been getting that say they are for 20-30 gallons.

Thanks guys!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kattiq
    Well I'm sending back the Rena 200. After a while it would just vibrate really bad. I'm going to take bignellm's advice and go for a fusion that can tolerate more gallons than needed. I think my little bubble wall is too much for the air pumps I have been getting that say they are for 20-30 gallons.

Thanks guys!

YW, Also; make sure your maintaining the Bubble Wall fixture. Mine says to clean and poke holes in it to make sure of it's continued effectiveness. Still haven't had any issue with pump or my wall fixtures. Congrats on choice, I doubt you'll have any problems. Bigger is better and quieter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your a quick learner - Strider199   You are off to a good start. - Fishin Phil   A girlfrienf for Lewis, lol - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignellm
    YW, Also; make sure your maintaining the Bubble Wall fixture. Mine says to clean and poke holes in it to make sure of it's continued effectiveness. Still haven't had any issue with pump or my wall fixtures. Congrats on choice, I doubt you'll have any problems. Bigger is better and quieter.
    Well I've literally used the bubble wall twice or so, and I've only had it for about 2 weeks so I have no yet done any maintenance to it.
    Although once I get the fusion I will probably poke a few more holes in it just to give it a little extra boost.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kattiq
    Well I've literally used the bubble wall twice or so, and I've only had it for about 2 weeks so I have no yet done any maintenance to it.
    Although once I get the fusion I will probably poke a few more holes in it just to give it a little extra boost.

Should be fine.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking Fusion Air Pump

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting! I just found a new website for fish supplies: Pet Mountain. I ordered a Fusion 700 air pump for $15.99. That's the biggest one. Drs. Foster & Smith wanted $29.99 for the very same model!!!! Unfreakingbelievable! ;<P

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   No Message - Jaster   Welcome to the forum - fishmommie   

0 Not allowed!
    I have, in my 55, a Sponge filter sized for an 80 gallon tank. I drive it with an older model Whisper 10-30 and a check valve. It's a Hydro-Sponge IV, good sized sponge filter. Little tip here while we're on this subject. On these Cannister type Sponges with a Lift tube and venturi most just hook the air-line onto the nipple at the top of the venturi and run it. A way to make the filter more effective and move more water is to attach a 1/2" diameter airstone with 3" of line to the bottom nipple of the venturi. This puts the stone down at the bottom of the strainers and it sucks more water through. I digress.

If you can find one of these Whisper 10-30s get it!! I had to put an adjustable valve in line to cut it down to about 1/3rd. the flow and it'd still moving a ton of air!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have a whisper 60 and a whisper 120, both run very silently.