· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Gotta say, he isn't showing any real interest in the nori, and I've left it there two nights in a row. Perhaps it's just the brand.
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

0 Not allowed!
    Where's the star now in relation to the nori? Usually Fromia species stars find a shady spot and stick to the side of a rock. At least that's what mine has always done.

I place an algae-covered stone near his spot in the evening, since that's when it feeds. It's on the stone within an hour.

If yours has found it's 'spot', you can rubber-band that nori to a rock a few inches away from the spot. Make sure the nori is flat on the substrate.

You can make the dry seaweed more palatable for your star and clean-up crew by emulsifying it about 10 minutes in Kent Zoe (vitamins & Spirulina) or Super Selco (400 mg/l HUFAS).

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It was about two inches from it this morning, though it's since moved a bit further and I removed the nori. Actually, ever since it stoped sucking on the glass, it seems to want to go over the live rock instead.

I'm a bit surprised the other animals didn't seem to have any either. Usually my fire shrimp and crabs have at it a bit. Perhaps they're just eating all the algae and diatoms instead.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If I had a guess, I'd say it was eating what little micro-fauna has built up in my tank over the last few months (I do know that 9 out of my 13 or so live rocks were in THEIR tanks for over a year, so there must be some food the fromia likes there) So, perhaps he'll turn to the nori later. I am putting a rock in a container today to grow some algae, but it's been overcast lately, so dunno how soon that'll develop.

Finally got a pic of it on the other side:

I am almost sure it has colored up since I got it. Really wanna do everything I can to ensure it survives. I've already grown attached to the little guy.