· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikelodeon79
    Well, dang. For some reason, I thought the only Stealth's that had been recalled were the relatively new ones... turns out I was wrong. After hearing that my friend's Stealth malfunctioned and fried a few of her fish :( I checked online and saw that every single one of my Stealths has been recalled.

I wonder what Marineland will say to me requesting a refund on like 14 heaters??
    You can contact marineland and they will just ship you replacement heaters in exchange or I think give you cash equivalent. I took most of mine to petsmart which gave me gift cards for the value of the heaters. I had a lot of tanks with heaters, after having one heater screw up on me, most of my tanks have no heaters in them now. Only the two discus tanks have heaters at the moment, the rest of the tanks stay at room temperature. Cheaper to keep the room at a decent temperature then running a dozen or two heaters!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a zillion Stealth's lying around... going to gather them up and send them in!

My house is weird... when I turn the downstairs heat on, it just goes right up the stairs... example: I cranked the downstairs heat up to 75*F. The upstairs heat was on 72*F. In no time, it was 77*F upstairs and 70*F downstairs... with the heat still running. *sigh*

My mbuna tank needs to be at around 80*F so there's no way I can keep my house that warm. Going to go with some Jager heaters since they're on sale at Drs... can't wait for replacement Marineland heaters!
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

"Mbuna Tank" 75g - Ps. saulosi, I. sprengerae, M. pulpican, M. joanjohnsonae

"Time Out Tank" 29g - dominant male Cynotilapia sp. "hara"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If I kept my house at 78 degrees all the time, my wife would get cranky. I'll take another heater please.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Phil
    If I kept my house at 78 degrees all the time, my wife would get cranky. I'll take another heater please.
    LOL, my dogs would be the ones getting cranky.. German Shepherds and heat do not mix!
    "The Dumpster Tank" 26g flat back hex - Betta albimarginata, corydoras, checker barbs, pork chop rasbora

"Nano Fish Tank" 20g long - Celestial Pearl Danios, microrasboras, Corydoras habrosus

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just recently called MarineLand a few weeks ago when I found out that the recall was on ALL stealth heaters. Mine was working pefectly fine ever since I purchased it three years ago but I didn't want to risk it. They sent me a replacement heater (a Visa-Therm) in about 5 days and I sent them my stealth heater once I received my replacement heater. They also sent me an e-mail which contained a postage paid sticker I printed out to place on the package.

If I wanted a refund I would have to send my heater back first which I didn't want to do because that would leave me without a heater for my tank.

I too am surprised that they are still being sold since there's a recall on all of them.

Oh, are you buying your spotted rasboras online? I ask because I need to buy some more for my 10 gallon that only has one left out of the 10 I bought about 5 years ago and I can't find them locally. He's lonely and needs more buddies.

Your tank is coming along nicely Can't wait to see it when it's fully stocked.
    Last edited by kurly; 02-03-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My LFS actually had them in stock but they were in pretty rough shape. They were SUPER skinny and two died before I even got home, and a third barely made it (it's a miracle he recovered). They were also $4.99 per fish. Ouch.

I'm considering ordering from here: http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/ (If you want to see pics of the fish, check them out on Aquabid, as this seller has auctions on there).

I also have my eye on some Danio choprae from that seller for my Dumpster Tank... but I'm not sure if they will be compatible with my other stock. The are fantastic fish... really pretty when kept in the proper conditions.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I picked up a FREE T5 fixture... currently trying to decide whether to put two 21w bulbs in there, or two 39w bulbs. Obviously I'd have to go high light high tech if I go with the latter option.

Plants are scheduled to arrive Monday... although I'm not entirely sure whether I'll add them to this tank or my 75 now!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got 7 more habrosus cories today, bringing their numbers up to 13.

After cutter review, I actually have two different Rasbora species: 1 metabolic and 2 maculatus. Going to have to figure out how to handle that... Stock both or pick one? The maculatus hang out together and the merah hangs out by himself.

I'd also like to eventually bring my CPD number up to six.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I lost two habbies... I've found them to be the most sensitive of the corydora species I've kept (with the exception of wild caught cories) so I'm not overly surprised... a couple of them looked a bit tipsy when I added them.

I got in 18+ rasboras (I ordered 18 and I think the seller might've sent one or two extra... the little buggers are hard to count). I ordered merah but I think they are actually maculatus... it's hard to tell right now because they are still a bit pale from shipping. Regardless, the large school of tiny fish looks awesome... even the Celestial Pearl Danios school with them now.

I hung the new light fixture (the one I got from free off of Craigslist) and de-rimmed the tank today. I still have to scrape off the excess silicone and actually get around to planting the tank. I was planning on using Black Flourite Sand in this tank as well, but unfortunately I didn't have enough. I think I may have to order some more if I can't find it locally. Not at all excited about that.

Anyway, here's a pic. Not very nice... the plants are all sort of floating there.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    FINALLY found time to switch out the substrate and plant the plants. I will get updated pics up this weekend.

I did end up moving all of the fish out during the switch because they're SO tiny I was afraid I'd bury them. The danios and rasboras were surprisingly easy to catch and transfer... the corydoras were a bit more difficult but still not terrible.

Estes Black Marine Sand review:
    Good news: it is FANTASTIC sand for corydoras and plants. It's actually more like soil: the plants stay anchored fairly well even with a very thin layer. Very promising!

Bad news: it is the lightest weight sand that I've ever used. I swear I lost over half of it down the drain when rinsing because many of the grains floated. It was not very "dirty" so didn't require as much rinsing as other sands, which is good because I don't think I'd have had any left if I'd kept rinsing it!

I also have black sand coated bubbles floating on the surface of my aquarium, which is a very interesting phenomenon.