· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question New tank, African Dwarf Frog & Guppies?

0 Not allowed!
    My girlfriend wants to get ADFs in a 10g for her kids. I wanted to add fancy guppies to the tank because they are pretty and breed. I think they would like the mix. I'm pretty sure someone tried this combo at some point...

Outside of the babies being eaten, any thoughts?

Tops 3 frogs, then 1 or 2 breeding pairs of guppies to start. Also, I have my own tanks if a bunch of fry survive...

Also would be curious how frogs deal with snails / Corys especially in such a small tank. Need something to clean up and I know my RCS will be nothing but food (not sure about Ghost Shrimp)

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't had ADF's with guppies yet (guppies are so tempting though...someday!)

But I have seen frogs with pest snails and assassin snails and some kind of pointy snail and I can say my 6 frogs don't deal with snails at all. They ignore them completely.

As for the cory's, they're faster than ADF's so like my loaches you might have to do a staged feeding if the cory's get greedy so the frogs don't starve.

I recently learned from my LFS that cory's (and anything else with sensitive barbs) don't' do well in substrates like eco-complete, because it is sharp. ADF's don't do well because they can ingest. So in that way they are compatible at least!

I have ottos and they are cute and awesome and very frog friendly. Don't compete for food with ADF's.
    African Dwarf Frogs, Betta, Dwarf Chain Loaches, Otocilclus, Ember Tetras, Amano Shrimp in one magical 31 gallon tank

Two pea puffers in another tank!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Guppies do best with several females to a male. Other than that, it'd work.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae