· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Okay, stupid question!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all!

New fish keepers!

(I have a 2.5G goldfish tank, yes I know its way way way way too small but thats what I have now. and a 40G semi-aggressive tank which is my 1st real project!)

So I'm obviously addicted and wanted to know what is a nano-reef!

They seem so cool!

I go to college, so my little brother takes care of my fish for the most part (I havn't parted with my 40G yet so we'll see how that goes) but I deff. would be interested in setting-up one of these awesome things in my 2.5G tank! (Again, I gotta make a move with these gfs, they really are going to struggle in the 2.5G)

So I saw someone here has a really awesome 2.5, and even saw a 5G, so why can't I do the same?!?

Anyway...

Again, what is a nano-reef? Is it just coral, or is there fish/animals in there too? What do I need to set up one? And how would I set one up?

thanks all!
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

0 Not allowed!
    It can be many different things, based on what like and what can live in a 2.5 gallon tank

I would suggest starting by getting a goof book about SW set-ups and reading the stickies in the SW section here on the forum

I would not suggest such a small tank for your first SW set-up. With any Marine tank, bigger is much better (and much easier)
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to cliff bigger is better especially for a beginner and more stable.
    29 gallon community
    125 gallon work in progress

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    okay thats fine... but can someone extend my knowledge of nano-reefs, they still seem kind of awesome lol
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nano means small,reef means it is a tank with corals. Quite simply a small coral tank.I suggest much research.

0 Not allowed!
    I would suggest rather than venturing off into a nano tank, to first find something proper for the goldfish. Taking care of what you already have just makes more sense to me rather than investing in another tank.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    when jumping to salt please tank in account evrything is alive and can kill everything if the research is not dont to a full extent, im still very new to salt but havent lost one thing yet, thanks to the advice from people here and reading for about a month on SW set ups