· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, those are some human looking, nasty biting teeth there. I've caught some Drum in Louisiana that didn't have teeth like that.

I would have to agree about craigslist and the classifieds in town. I see aquariums around here all the time, most of which are reasonably priced.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the comfort. :) - Mrs.JayMay23   time for new stock? - Lady Hobbs   fishie, fishie in the sea - Lady Hobbs   more fish - Lady Hobbs   smarty-pants! - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd be looking for a horse sized water trough.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    Its too bad that cocoa pleco isn't around anymore.He could tell all sorts of scary stories about his pacu.
    I do agree that these are NOT GOOD HOME Aquarium fish.
    haha came by to lurk

theyre not the species to get, i had 2. they grow ridiculously fast, and the power they have when they get over 8" is scary. their jaws are huge and they can easily tear off a human finger (dont ask how, almost happened). when i sold all of my aquariums and gave all my fish away, netting the largest pacu took a while and he thrashed so hard that there was water allover. only reason i had mine was they were 3/4 dead at the store

the only place they belong is the wild or public aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Drip Method?  Not! - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you thought of giving him up, for his own well being and yours?
    His tank is too small and it sounds like your ability to fix that anytime soon is unlikely and beyond your means.

There is a wesite, monster fish keepers, as I recall, that may be able to tale him off your hands.
    125g Planted Community - Rena XP-4, Rena XP3
    Angels, Dora Cory Cats, Glass Cat Fish, Gouramis, Scissor Tails, High Fin Black Skirt Tetras, Snails
    30g Working Tank as needed
    20g Planted Community - AC-70 Harlequin Rasboras, Neon Tetras, Dwarf African Frogs, Bamboo Shrimp, Snails
    1g 1 Siamese Fighting Fish, Snails
    Aquarium Resources Angel Fish Breeding Modifying Water Chemistry Pest Snail Control

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacotah7
    Have you thought of giving him up, for his own well being and yours?
    His tank is too small and it sounds like your ability to fix that anytime soon is unlikely and beyond your means.

There is a wesite, monster fish keepers, as I recall, that may be able to tale him off your hands.
    I went ahead and bought a 110 gallon stock tank to place him. I have asked around to see if anyone would take him but have had no luck. I had a guy off craigslist call me a few days ago and he had the audacity to ask if he was edible..

Still trying to get things worked out with him and my move.

110G Stock Tank - Pojo(Pacu) 15" Looking for a home.
    75G - Butch(Texas), Blue(Jack Dempsey), Frank(Oscar)
    30G - Red Tail Barb x2, Panda Cory x4
    Odyssea 500 x2 - Jebao 304 - Emperor 400
    My Pleco is the most dangerous fish I've ever owned.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Try calling public aquariums to see if they will adopt it.They certainly have the room and it will be well taken care of.
    Cocoa speaks from a lot of experience and he had it in a 220 gal tank.lol
    Good luck with your fish.
    Thanks cocoa,great to see you back for whatever time you plan on spending.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html