· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Julli Cory Scared Of Me

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 25 gallon tank that has 4 bolivian rams, and 5 julli cory catfish. And the cory catfish are scared to death of me, every time i come into the room or into sight of the tank, they all scatter swimming into the glass and plants in my tank. And since they freak out, they freak out my bolivian rams as well. My Rams were never friendly as you would say, but now since i moved away and let my mom take care of them, they don't even come out to eat, and the julli cory's freak out and scare the crap out of them...

I'm at my last leg, i've spent the majority of the last 4 days in that room to try and get them to be more friendly, i've tried treating all the fish with bloodworms, and they STILL are exactly the same, and freak out whenever they see me.

What can i do?

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Keep trying! It sounds like you are doing stuff right.It does take time,could be a few weeks.Avoid fast movement and loud noises.It may help.
    I find cichlids are more people friendly then smaller fish.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The thing i don't like is that if i tip toe around the tank, then they're going to get accustomed to it, and i don't want to have to tip toe around the room every time i want to do something. I want them to be use to how much of a klutz i am when i walk around my room.

Honestly, everything that i've done, hasn't even made ANY effect on their temperament. If anything they're worse then they were before. None of the fish in the tank even go after the blood worms, they just float around and they watch it go by right infront of their faces.

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder what would happen if you put a TV (muted) near the tank, it seems a bit harsh, but if there was always movement for a while, they might get used to it faster.

I used to do that when taming feral kittens so when I was away they had human exposure.
    African Dwarf Frogs, Betta, Dwarf Chain Loaches, Otocilclus, Ember Tetras, Amano Shrimp in one magical 31 gallon tank

Two pea puffers in another tank!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfroggy
    I wonder what would happen if you put a TV (muted) near the tank, it seems a bit harsh, but if there was always movement for a while, they might get used to it faster.

I used to do that when taming feral kittens so when I was away they had human exposure.
    That's what i was thinking of doing, but i was afraid the light changes from the tv shows would flash and scare the fish even more.

0 Not allowed!
    maybe start it out across the room and slowly move it closer!?
    African Dwarf Frogs, Betta, Dwarf Chain Loaches, Otocilclus, Ember Tetras, Amano Shrimp in one magical 31 gallon tank

Two pea puffers in another tank!

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Fish are not that fragile.Just give them some time.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My hillstream loach used to do that. Try doing something quiet across the room right after you put the food in. Sitting next to the tank reading and putting food in occasionally helps too.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, i sit right beside the tank and play xbox, so i don't know what else to do, i feed them blood worms every other day, but they aren't even eating it, i dont know what else to do, i spend 2-5 hours a day beside the tank, around the tank either playing xbox, watching tv, just watching the tank... I don't know what else to do. They HATE the light, when i turn it on they all just hide and stay hiding all day.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm at my wits end, i'm basically thinking about giving them away now. I can't deal with having them freak out anymore. My bolivian rams are calm and don't freak out, UNTIL the julli's go crazy. There's nothing more i can do. I spend the past 2 weeks hanging out in that room more then i'd ever have before.