· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    you make me miss my goldies! That tank sounds wonderful and perfect for 2 goldfish. Their bioload wont be anything in 55gals of water... I dont think you are going to need 2 HOBs. thats just my opinion though. Obviously if you are planting tanks you are going to have to do a natural substrate for the plants... seems to me like you should focus more on what plants you want in the tank (yummy and lucky for them) and as long as you have great plant growth in there they are going to be two happy fish. They are slow growers but I have to say, in 4 or 5 years you are going to absolutely adore them. Goldfish (i think) have so much personality.
    ~~Misty~~

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again, everyone.
    (Brhino, special thanks to you for all of your responses!)
    I feel like I'm learning a lot.

Shalafi04:

You're going to laugh here, but since this is a team project for my wife and me, I am looking into tank size and filtration and she is going to start researching and "planning a diet."

She's a gardener and is excited about having a garden inside the house and underwater. She can't wait to for them to eat the plants in the tank that she grows for them and was very excited that we could put regular vegetables in there for them to nibble on.

If anyone has anything more to add. please feel free. I'm really enjoying learning this stuff and will keep checking the post.

Thanks again!

Aaron

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    oh i get it. Im a gardener too. but my landscaping abilities definately have failed to translate into the aquatic world... :/ guess some of us are good in the yard, some in the tank and some get lucky and can rock both.
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holidays :) - Aminax   Have fun at the coast - mommy1   【ツ】 - korith   Thank you for playing - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Look up the 'R2 fish school kit', it lets you teach your goldfish to do all sorts of cool tricks!
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had heard that they could do tricks!
    Thanks!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Update and Question

0 Not allowed!
    Hey again, everyone!

Great news: we bought a used 75 gallon in great condition!

It came with a Penguin 350 HOB. We are planning to get one more filter.

Do you think a Marineland c220 canister filter and the Penguin 350 HOB would do the job for a planted 75 gallon and the 2 Moors?

Thanks in advance!
    Aaron

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    That sounds great; those will be some happy fish!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I would make that a Rena X3 or an AC110. (Now listed on sale in the technical thread if you missed it.)

Marineland c220 claims to filter "up to" 55 so my thinking is that it probably is good for about 30 gallons. Rena's have very good reviews and known to be a very good canister.
    http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquari...r-Filters.aspx
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 02-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again, you guys!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Sorry! One more question:

0 Not allowed!
    Should I get a glass canopy to cover the aquarium and keep the fish from jumping out?
    I had heard that it was good to not have one and to have the surface open to create oxygen.
    Do goldfish do better with or without the glass aquarium canopy tops.
    Thanks again!
    Aaron