· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default clown with white specs?

0 Not allowed!
    hey guys,

i was looking at my clown tonight and noticed that he has some tiny white specs on the fins, swims and eating healthy. could this be ick?(ich)

parameters:
    temp:78f
    nitrates: <.5ppm
    ammonia: 0ppm
    10% water changes weekly plus daily top off
    water is at 1.026

if it is ick(ich) how do i get rid of it fairly fast? can i just raise the temp up? or let him be and see what happens, he is the only fish in the tank.
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    If there is no spots on the body, it could be parasites

I had to treat one of my clown fish for parasites that sounds a lot like your discription.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are more noticable on the fins and that is where they are the most tolerable. If its ich it will move to the rest of the fish very quickly. It cant be treated effectively in the display tank. Dont believe any of the ads for so called reef safe ich treatment. If in wont harm a coral then it wont harm ich either.
    Remove the infected fish to a qt and treat with cupramine immediatly. Get a seachem cu test kit and follow the directions for cuprmaine to the letter.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man i knew this would bite me in the butt. i just set up a 10G QT yesterday for my 55Fowlr. what should i do ? i dont want to throw the little guy in just fresh SW with a HOB fudge. any suggestions? i cant dose his current tank becuse of the coral.im gonna mix up his food every feeding, for flake to brine/sprugila(spelling?), to mysis for the last feeding.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

5. Default ind

0 Not allowed!
    Drip acclimate him to the new qt. If you got the route of using cu just keep in mind that the qt tank and all items in it are strictly off limits to inverts. If its ick you gotta get him out of the dt asap. Once they drop off him they will just be there waiting to happen again.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    since i just set it up, should i not put any kind of live rock in there?
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have any removale media from the tank he was in? It is best to not have any porous material in a qt as it will absorb any meds needed and make dosing difficult. The way to run a qt isto syphon any detritu daily and do small water changes to avoid ammo. Use prime at a elevated dose to detox any ammo as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Below is some guidlines for QT'ing marine fish

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=77037

The only thing that I have been doing differently is to use water form the DT to set-up and complete water changes in the QT tank. That helps the accimation process be less stressfull when moving fish into the DT tank, plus it will help to reuse at least some of the old water from the DT tank

Just remember to provide a lot of hiding spots for the fish while in QT and no really bright lights
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure it is ich before you treat it.

Ich kinda looks like your fish has salt on it, check out images on google.

I once had a fright that a fish had ich and it turned out to be microbubbles.
    20gal long planted community

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so i went to 2 SW LFS and 2 petstores none of them had cuprmine, so i had to go with kordons red-ich -its a blue med. so far the clown is doing good in the QT been 1 day no -the signs of teh spots are going away or getting fewer. the spots did spread to the body.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock