· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    CM, that sounds like a perfect condition to use the prime to help defuse the excess ammonia and make the aquarium ease into the cycle without disrupting the fish... but anyway im sure you know how to manage the tank.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Morning guys,

Today i have to report that bullying has practically stopped now. They all hang out together, although once in a while the 'bully' pecks at the others. Probably just reminding them who's boss lol.

I have tested the water on various occasions and results have been Amm 0, Nitrites 0, Trates 10. I have done a WC's since the last test too. I have alot of fast growing plants in the tank as well which helps absorb any toxins in the water.

I'm still having trouble getting them to accept any food i give them. They see it sinking and get a bit jitterish and swim away. But i do see them eating and pickign at things on the plants and drfitwood as well as Guppy fry losing numbers.

Any suggestions in regards to feeding them and letting them understand it is actually food?
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Which country would that be? as where Im from discus are dear :(
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    My Discus took floating flake and the freeze dried hikari products without issue. It doesnt have to just be sinking foods.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I feed a mix of food. I feed Tetra Flakes for the guppies and a pinch of Tetra's discus tidbits for the discus. They dont eat either.

I have a WC planned for today and hopefully after that they might start trusting me.
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    An idea for the discus is maybe get a little container of those hikari freeze dried tubifex worms... my discus tore them up like none other.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Been about a month now and i thought i should post an update.

the bickering has calmed down alot and they get on well with each other now. Although 3 of them are still nervous when anyone approaches the tank.

The 'Bully' is the first to finally understand that im giving them food and is showing signs of feeding what i feed 2 times a day and hopefully the others will copy him.

All discus are healthy and are growing a little. They come out mostly in the afternoon when the light has a 2 hr break. Im thinking maybe the 60w MH lamp is too bright for them but the plants love it.

Tankmates as it stands :- approx. 20 guppies left which some are pregnant. (love selling them off for a few bob now and then) and 12 Serpae tetras (added last week since i sold my 140g)
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!