· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Figured I'd do an update:

Started giving the clam 1 hour of full light a day:

Look acclimated? Thinking of doing Cliff's feeding method tomorrow or the next day.

Here's the zoas, which I think I'll just trade at some point:

And the newest from QT

So, I've been wondering if my old lights would be enough for LPS in this tank (29 plus 20 sump), like frogspawn I know I want?

It's two t-5s at 48 watts total. One actinic one white Thoughts?
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Clam is definitely taking up calcium. My levels dropped from 440 to 400. I dosed lightly with coral vite

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, they do that, since I keep several giant clams in my tanks. They are calcium carbonate sponges. Another reason I use full auto Calcium reactors.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So my plans have changed. I just got an 80 gallon tank for 50 bucks. Held water ok, though I may need to resilicone the sides. I'll try to get pics tomorrow and I guess make a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Are you up-grading your current set-up to the 80 gallon tank, or are you starting a second tank ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't decided yet. The tank has a LOT of work on it to be done (no cracks, but back and sides are painted, has seperaters siliconed in and probably needs new silicone)

I'm leaning towards a second tank, though. Maybe an LPS tank like the other 29 was gonna be. Don't think I can afford more LEDs :P

Oh! But it is pre-drilled.
    Last edited by Ashurbarnipal; 03-07-2012 at 09:59 PM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone here have experience with making your own dry rock? I hear it's possible with concrete, crushed coral, rock salt and aragonite sand but that you have to cure it to get rid of concrete's alkalinity leeching tendencies. Are there any other dangers?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Went by the LFS yesterday and they had something I've wanted for a loooong time, a lettuce nudibranch (I'd been researching it, just never found it locally or available on liveaquaria):

I got it and a sponge cover for my normal mode powerhead, but I haven't found anything I can do to improve the safety of my laminar flow powerhead. So far it's been ok though.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So, update time. Tank has been doing well. Clam seems to be very happy, I'd almost swear it's been growing already.

However, lately my tank has started to get a bit of hair algae growth. What's weird though is nitrates are lower than ever. .25 according to my salifert kit. Phosphates are also undetectable, though I'm not using the salifert phosphate kit.

0 Not allowed!
    Entirely possible you clam is the reason for the lowering of Nitrate, since the giant clams can metabolize it.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast