· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I realize I'm going into ridiculous levels of continuous posts but the fish is still somehow alive. After it was so sick yesterday it recovered again to where it was swimming healthily and actively, but crashed back to where it was as of this morning.

It's twice been so weak it got stuck in the powerhead intake and I had to turn it off. Poor guy seems to be suffering. :(

Also, I went ahead and dosed the tank yesterday, since the bottle said it also treated Bacteria
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    If you have a quarantine tank, then I'd be using it, especially if you are dosing meds.
    20gal long planted community

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it and the other two are in a 10 gallon QT tank right now. I have a divider separating the sick one from the other two, but I'm worried they'll get it too

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, I forgot they were all still in QT. I

wouldn't move the others - moving fish is stressful, and its stress that leaves them open to infection. If you move them to the main tank and they have been exposed to the problem, the stress of the move may weaken them enough to get sick - then you have it in your main tank. The whole point of QT is to avoid that. Fish can carry a sickness but not suffer from it, so you don't want them to carry anything to your display tank.

If they are not suffering from it now, chances are they will be ok, but they are still potential carriers.
    20gal long planted community

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm afraid it's at death's door.... his condition has deteriorated immensely.

This doesn't even begin to show the deterioration. Its anal fin is white and shredded.

I honestly don't know what more I can do for it right now. It won't eat, so I can't give it internal meds. It's kind of heartbreaking to watch.

Yeah, I didn't mean move it to the main tank, but maybe moving the sick one to a bucket or something, I dunno.
    Last edited by Ashurbarnipal; 01-17-2012 at 05:04 PM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's dead. :(

I removed it. The other two are still fine.

When the quarantine is up, I presume I should clean the tank? What methods would you recommend me?

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the little guy, on a side note you might want to keep an eye on the two others to make sure they don't begin to pick on eachother since I assume that's what the cause of death was in this case for whatever reason.

As far as cleaning the tank you should be ok since the other two haven't gotten sick while in the same tank (if it was a type of disease they'd almost surely be sick as well) but if you are nervous use soap and warm water and make sure to rinse thoroughly. DON'T USE ANY CHEMICALS!! It's not worth the risk of hurting future livestock just in case lol
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So, I have a question regarding powerheads. Currently, I'm using two of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Though the other is a 110/500 model. Currently, they're in powerhead mode, but my question is if I put the 295 model into circulation mode, would that be enough for my reef tank?

Presently I'm looking at mostly Zoanthids and maybe later an SPS like a Montipora.

0 Not allowed!
    I guess it would depend on your set-up. They might be fine. As long as you can get about 20 to 30X flow inside the tank with no (or minimal) deadsposts you should be fine
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, 1300 gph on a 29 (honestly 28) is definitely there.

Any tips on minimizing said dead spots in terms of placement? I had considered moving it more towards the top of the tank.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast